Monday, February 8, 2010

Somebody is a Slacker!

Wow! Somebody has been LAZY!! Aunt Cathy pointed out to me this weekend that I have not blogged since December 28th! I have no excuse, I have had nothing to preoccupy my time, I just have not done it...plain and simple! Let me bring you all up to speed!

New Years 2010

I spent this New Years Day in Blountstown, FL with Aunt Cathy, Uncle Mike, Mom, Dad and Ashley. My ever, so clever, Uncle Mike has transformed what use to be just woods, underbrush and a creek bank, into his new favorite hang out. He let us "invade" his newly established 'Man Camp' and we all had a great time. There is never a dull moment with us! Below is his handy work...bridge, benches (the backs flip forward and then you have half a picnic table), everything was made by him. By the way, Uncle Mike, I am still waiting on my bench for my balcony!! Here are a few pics:










Father/Daughter Day

This past weekend Ashley and I had a chance to spend time with our dads. Both being daughters of self employed dads, and both of us having brothers that work for our dads, it leaves little time for us to really spend time alone with the our daddy's! So, both our parents came to T-ville and we all went to Moultrie to the car show and our mom's stayed back and supported the downtown shopping district...probably more than they needed to! Our day didn't start off that great though. I spilt my drink in my dad truck; let me preface this. I was the one running late. I was the one who fixed my drink. I was the one who accidentally threw my straw away, therefore I was the one who did not put the lid on since it was not needed. I was the one who put it in the cup holder. I was the one who accidentally hit it and made it tip over, and I was also the one who used my dads' jacket to wipe it up. Really neat jacket, btw, one side is COMPLETELY water repellent, the other side it COMPLETELY absorbent! But, ASHLEY was the one who ratted me out! My dad would have never know what happened if she would have kept her mouth shut! Just like I had planned, it was dry by the time we got to the show, and he would have never know...thanks Ash!

It was quite the blustery day on Saturday. I had just got back from a conference in Athens the night before, so even I was a little on the tired side! After looking at the cars, we decided to head back. Here are a few pics of the cars...


My Newest Project...It gets quiet lonely in this apartment, so I have decided to start the search for some much needed puppy love. I, along with Ash, have decided that I need a Scottish Terrier. We believe it is fate! She has dachshunds, and everywhere we see dachshunds, we see a Scottish Terrier too! See...they were meant to be together!! I (we) have also decided on a name! Ash kept referring to this fictitious dog as Jock, from Lady and the Tramp, but I like the spelling of Jacque better. Then, we added the "Scottish-ness" to it (along with a favorite tv show of mine, Will and Grace) and decided his name should be Jacque McFarland!

No comments:

Post a Comment