Wednesday, September 22, 2010

As days go by...

Yes I realize that I haven't blogged in a month...a lot has been going on...

On August 25, 2010, Heaven gained one awesome angel. After my last post about my grandfather, it was a few days later that he went to be with his Heavenly Father. That week I did two of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. I watched my grandfather take his last breath with his wife of 52 years holding his hand and his family surrounding him, and I spoke at his funeral. I miss him SO much. I still cry for him everyday (and I'm not a cryer), sometimes a couple of times a day, but I know that he's in a better place. I just can't wait to see him again! I see him in my dreams almost nightly; I never knew how bad this was going to effect me, but it has been really rough. I just put on my brave face and get through the day at work, but mornings and nights when I'm alone, it hits and it hits hard. Mom & Dad, it may be Thanksgiving before I come home...just not ready to do that yet because it won't be the same without him there. This picture of us was taken at a banquet for my brother when he was chosen as Peanut Farmer of the Year for the state of Florida. My brother is an awesome farmer and I know that he learned so much of it from my grandfather and my dad. He had to, because you don't learn how to farm from text books...it is truly something that is passed down generation to generation.

One thing I had to look forward to when I got back to work was a practice burn with the TFD!!! I LOVE THIS!! I really cannot fathom any adjectives that would do my emotions justice in regards to this!!! I like to think it's a way for me and Paw Paw to bond. He helped start the Volunteer Fire Dept at home...although, realistically, he helped put something into place to help prevent or put out fires....I like to start them and watch the flames engulf everything that surrounds it. It consumes structures like an empty stomach consumes items on a sweat and stop station (that's what I call food buffets). Guess the saying is true...Firemen keep it hotter! Side note: I said that to my Aunt Cathy and she was quick to inform me that my well drilling uncle would have no problem putting out those fires. LOL! And a special shout out to Tim...I think we make a great destructive team (although I think he gets concerned about how much enthusiasm I have for fire!)!

Last weekend, I traveled to the Loveliest Village on the Plains. That's right, WDE Baby!! It was great to be back on my old stomping ground. It has changed so much from last year when I was there. I'm ready to go back this weekend, and next!





Monday night I cooked Shrimp Creole for my cousin Ashley's birthday. It was good...I was really nervous about it though! I deleted my pictures I took with my camera phone because Ash took some with her real camera...I still haven't found my cord to my camera since I moved...a year ago! ugh!

Anyway, Bentley is doing great. We are almost house broken...I have also found that he LOVES carrots! Here is his preciousness waiting for a carrot!
So, that sums up the life of this Auburn loving, emotional wreck firebug this past month!

No comments:

Post a Comment