Tomtom, who I've named Richard, ever so faithfully helped me arrive at my destination (remember later on how happy I am with Richard now). Great job Richard! I don't know where I'd be without you, seriously, no clue! I parked in a parking spot close to the hotel building and I walk to the back to start unloading my car. Ever get the feeling that you are being watched? I sure did! I turned around to see 3 rough looking men staring at me. Oh Shit, I think to myself, this should be entertaining. Well, I don't let it show that it bothers me so I be-bop on into the lobby where it's more rough looking men. Was DMX having a Rough Riders Reunion that I was unaware of? I didn't see any "Welcome DMX-RRR to Lake Lanier" so I'm guessing NO! I checked in and found my room. It was on the third floor, of a three story building. In the back corner. By the fire escape. Where no one can hear you scream. Now, I know this is a little dramatic, but I am very cautious of my surroundings...my job has enabled this characteristic of mine even further, so yes I am going to be a little dramatic about where I am staying for four days and three nights. I got to the room, finally. after walking down what seemed like an endless hallway. The bedspread, while not floral, was still nasty. I was not staying here!


The conference was really good. I aced my test of legal tactics on the first day and the second day held non testing classes of FEMA and Supervisory Skills. It was in these two classes that I met the CE for Pelham (just up the road from T-Ville). She is hilarious!
Anyway, here are some photos from the Lake...

This was the beautiful sunrise I saw every morning!


This is my FAVORITE! Just image a beautiful spring wedding here! I say spring, however, I'd love a fall wedding. The one drawback to being a farmer's daughter is, if you want your dad to be at your wedding, don't have it during harvest season! However, I think daddy would be totally fine if I just came home one day and said 'I'm married.' Mom, however, would NOT!!
This morning after closing sessions, I headed back to Thomasville. I was missing my daddy so I called an talked to him for a bit. We keep our conversation short, but we manage to tell and say everything we need to in few words. It is what works for us. It's days like today when I am very jealous of my brother who gets to see and talk to him everyday.
As I started traveling back toward ATL (Hell), Richard and I began to have a heated discussion. Richard eventually became Dick and I began to yell. I am not one to yell at any person, but I will yell at a device. Especially if that device is telling me to "Stay Left, Stay Left" and then suddenly yells at me to "Exit Right! Exit Right, now!" What the crap, Dick? Obviously, you can't see the 6 lanes of traffic I do! I only had in one contact today (not real sure where the other is...I put it in, or at least I went through the motions of poking my eye so I thought it was in) and I could plainly see this was about to turn ugly quick! Dick proceeded to begrudgingly tell me alternate directions. Basically, he told me to get off at the next exit and turn around. Wow...what a concept. Ugh. Anyway, I am now home. There were only a few state troopers to be seen, but since this is GA and not AL, I'm not too worried about it. I am still unsure if that AL trooper meant I was to never come back to AL or he, in particular, never wanted to see me again in AL...I'm gonna go with the later part. :)
Where's Bentley? He is staying in Blountstown with my Aunt and Uncle. They were nice enough to take him in while I was gone. They are awesome. God has blessed me with a great family!
No comments:
Post a Comment