Monday, December 27, 2010

Home for the Holidays

Another Christmas Day has come and gone and before we know it, next year's Christmas will be upon us. As usual, we (mom, dad, Heath and I) exchanged our gifts on Christmas morning. While this is nice, it would be more fun if there were little children involved...maybe one day! I thoroughly enjoyed all my presents I received this year and truly thankful for everyone in my life. I received the last two editions (11 and 12) of my Waterford Twelve Days of Christmas flutes. I got in on the tail end of this collection so I am now having to go back and get flutes from the beginning. So far, the Waterford outlet in Destin has been my best friend for this! Last year after Christmas I stopped in on my way back to T-ville and bought three other flutes. The best part was I go three for a little more than the price of one in the department stores! That is what I call a good deal!!















This is my mom's tree...I always love looking at it!













I made this ornament many years ago and mom still puts it on her tree!



These are my 11th and 12th edition of my Waterford Flutes. Eleven Drummers Drumming and Twelve Pipers Piping.

For lunch we all gathered at grandmother's (my dad's mom). I went over a little early to set the table. This has always been my task...partly due to the fact of my obsession with china and all that entails. Mom, dad, Heath and I went together and got my grandmother a Wii. When she opened it she, along with her sister, Aunt Sharee, screamed like little girls. Needless to say, the Wii was hooked up immediately!!















Me with my grandmother and aunt
















Dad and Heath playing baseball on the Wii




My grandmother's happy dance!



My Aunt Sharee and Uncle Edward getting in on the fun!

That afternoon, I went to see my best friend Courtney. She has the most precious little niece! I could hold her forever but Court won't give her up! This is the sweetest picture of them...the only thing sweeter would be if Court was holding her own daughter and she would also be my niece...Court, Heath, quit fighting your love for each other! LOL!!





I'd be lying if I said this Christmas was great. It was bittersweet at best. For the first time in 27 years, I sat down at my grandparents dining room table and PawPaw was not right beside me. We all have our assigned seats and mine has always been right beside him. The only time this is not true is when my Uncle Scott is home from Tampa. I figure since he doesn't get to come home often I'll let him sit by his dad. We still have lots of "firsts" to get through. We've made it through our first Thanksgiving and Christmas without him. Next up, January 31...his birthday.

The one task my mother has begged me to do since I have moved out (in 2002) was to clean out my closet at their house. I am really going to try to do it this week. They have since turned my room into a home office for the farm, so I really don't see what it is hurting, but I will hold true to my promise! This is the before picture...hopefully the after will look a lot better! This is my disclaimer though: My closet does not look like this! My closets are a lot neater! My clothes are grouped by color and then the colors are alphabetized from black to white (no yellow because I don't wear yellow...it's not in my color wheel for my complexion!). The chaos of this closet is contributed to many factors...this is not the way I left it! It is full of old high school stuff. If you notice, you can see my ribbon from being Homecoming Maid, my athletic Letter with my pins, cheerleading outfit, prom dresses, sporting apparel and last but not least...bridesmaids dresses! For those who do not know this fun fact about me, I have been in TEN weddings and Maid of Honor in four of them. I have quite the collection of dresses!





P.S. I have no idea why some pictures are centered and some are not. My guess is that the problem is ME! LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment