Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Fun

Yesterday was a great day spent with family, fun and food.  My day began by Bentley yapping ready to go outside.  While we were out walking around, we accidentally ruined my uncle and cousin's plan to do a little early morning hunting.  Oopsie!  However, none of the usual deer were out that morning, so they wouldn't have been able to carry out their plan anyway!

Before lunch, we had a little fun doing a little skeet shooting.  I hit a few, but my brother was shooting pretty much 100% ! 

It's kinda hard to see, but the skeet is in the woods on the left

My Aunt Luanne and me

After a few rounds, we all gathered at the table.  It was completely over crowded, but having too many family members to sit around the table is a good problem to have, in my opinion.  My grandmother enjoyed it immensely, so that is all that matters!  

The table looked great!
(Even though I always set the table and I didn't this year!  Guess I should have got there earlier!)

My grandmother going over her newly found Thanksgiving jokes

I threw this picture in here because I like to mess with my grandmother about them.  I do not like the fact that there are bugs on the dinner plate.  It bothers me...especially the fly!
 After lunch, my mother and I went down to my Maw Maw's side of the family and visited with her and her sisters, my aunt and uncle and cousins.  It was really nice getting to see my great aunts.  I have been very fortunate enough to know a lot of my "greats."  I was very lucky to have known three of my great grand parents. 

Maw Maw (center in the back) with her sisters.  Aren't they all just beautiful!?!
 I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving and took the time to think about how really thankful we all should be for all the many undeserving blessings that God has blessed us with!

No comments:

Post a Comment