Monday:
Monday I went to Pensacola to do a little Christmas browsing and to visit with my old co-workers (J Jason, if you are reading this, where were you on Monday??). I enjoyed seeing those who were there and I really hate that I missed a few of them! After a visit with them, I came back to WH to pick up my grandmothers. I was taking them to see the lights at Bellingrath Gardens over in Mobile. However, the closer we got to Mobile the more it sprinkled and not wanting sick grandmothers and none of us are crazy enough to walk around and look at lights in the freezing cold rain, I took them out to supper instead. Nothing is better for your heart and soul than spending time with your grandparents and I was lucky enough to have both my grandmothers with me...just me! I love you both.
Tuesday:
Tuesday (and Wednesday) I went with my dad and cousin, Jim, to the cattle sale in Letahatchee, just south of Montgomery...and that may be spelt wrong, but just sound it out, you will get the jest! While cows are not my favorite animal, mainly because I've been around them my WHOLE entire life and I've seen some crazies in my day, I did really enjoy the sale. Granted, I cannot look at them in the eye when they are back in the corral waiting to get ran through the bidding area. They always look sad...put them in a pasture and I will look them in the eye all day long and say "I hope you produce a good steak!" It's a location/situation thing I guess.
It was SO cold on both days! Tuesday, I had on three shirts! Two of which were fleece! I was still shivering! Daddy and I had walked back to the corrals and were up on the catwalks looking at the cows that had been brought in and I notice daddy was looking around weirdly. I was standing pretty close to him (mainly to block the wind because it was about 10 degrees colder up on the catwalk) and his eyes finally landed on me..."I thought there were a lot of people on the catwalk, but apparently it's your shivering that is causing it to shake so much!" Yes, I was literally shaking. So. Completely. COLD!!
Here are a few photos from our Tues and Wed trips...
| Daddy waiting on the two cows from Tuesday to be brought and loaded up |
| Tuesday's purchase |
| The newest editions to Running W Land & Cattle Co. |
As stated, I went to another cattle sale, this time it was Frisco City. Wednesday night, my favorite cook, Libbie, cooked Crawfish Ettufe (yeah, not sure how that is spelt either!). She cooked and Abbie, Brandi and I all enjoyed it immensely! I love getting to see my girls!
Thursday:
I hung out at the barn with daddy most of the day and made some center pieces for my mom to use at a banquet for church that night. After cutting all the pine limbs up and getting them all in their place within the centerpiece, it smelt like a big Christmas tree in the Fellowship Hall when I got done. I loved it and it helped me get into the Christmas spirit a little more! After I finished that, I headed over to Brewton to see some more of my favorite friends...Josh and Brandy! I was just in Brewton on Sunday to see Courtney and her family, which while I was there realized it had been a year since I had been to see them! It's been great being able to see everyone! Josh, Brandy and I went and had supper at the Country Club and it was a great time reminiscing about old times!
Friday:
It was basically a repeat of Thursday, just without a trip to Brewton! I have been a complete Daddy's Girl this week...He better miss me next week cause I know I will miss him!
I hate that my mom had to work all week. It would have been great to have her off gallivanting with us this week! Luckily, she will be off when I come back in three weeks for Christmas! Heath, you had better killed lots of deer since you ditched me and went hunting at the camp! :)
Best week ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment