Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Recap

Another Christmas has come and gone and all that's left behind are memories, food, tight clothes, and new items to add to your personal home collection.  My newest addition is a laptop!  I am so excited about it!  However, I must say that my Dell desktop, which was 11 years old on Christmas, has been one good computer!  It is still going strong! I still have it, there is nothing wrong with it, I just wanted something more convenient and need to get rid of the desk it is sitting on so that Ashley will have some more room in her room.  Maybe, just maybe, I will even blog more regularly!

I started getting in the Christmas mood when Jason and I went to Callaway Gardens to see Festival in Lights the Saturday before Christmas.  Here are a few photos...
A couple of us found this place, Hunter's Pub in Hamilton, GA (off  I-185), this summer while at a conference at Callaway.  Their steaks are awesome!  Jason and I had supper here before we went to see the lights.  I believe it is exit 25 and it's the only thing at this exit.  You have to stop if you are ever that way!


The Gingerbread House was HUGE!

...and so was the Nutcracker!

The Auburn Tree and decor caught my eye...I am going to have to do an AU tree one year!

And while I was looking at this stuff...

...Jason was looking at this boat...

...nice boat, but I was scared to touch it once I saw it was REDUCED down  to $90K!!
I was too busy looking at the lights during the Jolly Trolley ride to actually take pictures, but they were very beautiful!  So glad we went!

I came home after work on Thursday before Christmas...me and ole Bentley...
His Christmas 2011 picture :)
We had a calm day on Friday, and then on Christmas Eve all the Christmas festivities began!  Christmas with my Mom's Mom and her side of the family was great!  That was the first time in a long time we were all together.  

Christmas Eve night, we went to the candle light service at church.  I love this service, it is by far my favorite! Afterwards, a couple of family members came over to my parents for coffee and snacks, including my dad's mom...both grandmothers in one day...that is a GREAT day!

Now that Christmas has come and gone, I am still at home burning some vacation time so that I don't lose it before the new year starts.  Lesson learned...I will be going on vacations more this year! I don't return to work until January 3!  

When I do return to T-ville, January 12th starts Team Lean.  I will have to keep you updated on Team Lean Thursdays so you can follow my team, The Drop-A-Lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment