Thursday, June 20, 2013

Let's Play Catch-up!



Hello, my name is Stacey and I am the worst blogger.  Ever.

So, since January, there has been a lot that has happened. I have actually been able to mark a few more things off my "30 Before 30" bucket list that has now turned into "30 While 30."

Here is a preview of my updated list:

1.  Buy a house
2. Train for Tough Mudder (Event is in May)
3. Take the Pensacola Historical Tour
4. Ft. Barancus
5. Ft. Pickens
6. Ft. McRee
7. Pensacola Lighthouse
8. Revisit the Seanger Theatre
9. Paddle Board
10. Pensacola Ice Flyers Game
11. Big Lagoon State Park
12. Observation Wheel at the beach
13. Blue Angel practice (Thanks to federal budget cuts, the Blues are grounded for now)
14.  See the sunset at Pensacola Beach (how ridiculous, right?  I usually leave before then or get there after dark)
15. Jones Swamp Trail
16. Fishing in the Gulf
17. Kayak at the beach
18. Visit the Zoo (they have redone it)
19. Visit the Battleship on Mobile Bay
20. Mardi Gras Ball
21. Bellingrath Gardens
22. 5 Rivers Sunset Tour
23. Ft. Morgan
24. Take the Mobile Bay Ferry to Dauphin Island
25. Dauphin Island
26. Rosey O'Grady's Dueling Pianos
27. Revisit the IMAX theater
28. Hot Air Ballon Festival in Foley (it's in the summer)
29. Beulahfest (I missed this due to moving into my house!)
30.  Pensacola Mardi Grad Parade (missed this, too, due to moving!)


Let's start with Number 1: Buy a house.  On February 20th, I officially became a home owner!  I found a house that I LOVE and enjoyed every minute of fixing it up.  Here are a few "before" and "during" pictures:
The living room after the carpet was ripped up and painted

The kitchen during the process of ripping out the cabinets

One guest bedroom getting its new floor!  This room was dark paneling with blood red carpet!

I love this picture!  This is what happens then you give my dad a problem.  He gives you a solution.  Does the new hardwood floor need some weight to help the glue stick?  Well, let's put down bags of corn seed!!

The whole process seemed to take forever, but it finally came together and I am still working on getting just the right things for just the right place!

Kitchen with new cabinets and countertops

My favorite thing in the house.  This mantel was made with cedar wood from a tree that my grandfather cut down on a farm we had in Alabama.  I am so happy with the way it turned out!  Beautiful and a small way to have him here with me.
Add caption

You will have to excuse the mess on the counters, but this was the only picture I had readily available with one of my housewarming presents...my monogram!  I love it!  A big thanks to my cousin, Ashley, and my parents for giving me a name that monograms beautifully and symmetrically!

On to Number 2: Train for a Tough Mudder.  

I did not train near like I should, however, I made it though all 11 miles and 20 obstacles (although I did skip about 4 comestibles).  I now have the coveted orange headband!  Obviously, the pictures where we are clean were taken before and the muddy ones, afterwards! 










Moving on...
Number 8: Revisit the Seanger

For my 30th birthday, me and a few close girlfriends went out to eat at Global Grill in Downtown Pensacola and then strolled across the street for a night of Russian composer music, highlighting the Piano/pianist.  The Symphony was indeed at the Seanger Theater and I was very happy with my birthday!


My delicious cake that lit up the entire room!  I didn't have any pictures on my computer so I am going to reference you over to my cousin Ashley's blog where she posted about it here.

  
Number 10: Ice Flyers Game
A few of us went to am Ice Flyers Game and had a great time!  I highly recommend going!



Next up: Number 20!  Mari Gras Ball!

The gowns were beautiful!  The ceremony was fun and the presentation of the Queen was gorgeous!!  I took Courtney with me and we had the best time dressing up and going out for the night.  It's always fun to get a chance to dress up!








You can kinda see the Queen here...

I wish my camera phone took better pictures, but this is very similar to what what really seen...a glowing vision of white!





In addition to my bucket list items, I traveled to Auburn for A-Day this year for one final rolling of our iconic Toomer's Corner Oak Trees.  I am so glad that I went and was able to take part in such a memorable event.










Now for a few random pics...
Please keep this great guy in your prayers as he serves his first tour in Afghanistan.  I am proud and honored to call him my "little" cousin!


Pictures for Mother's Day with my Sister-in-Law.  I'll have to post more of these later, they turned out great!

Piano lessons are going great!  I am so proud of my students!


I have two of my Thomasville collections framed with two more in  the process...they should be ready in a few weeks.

Now, since no longer live in Thomasville, GA, I will be renaming my blog at some point since I am no longer a "AU Girl in a UGA World!"


Bon Soir!


No comments:

Post a Comment