Monday, April 11, 2011

28 and Holding Tight!!

But not as tightly as I will be holding on to 29 next year!  I had the absolute best birthday!  My day started with 'Happy Birthday' texts about 6:30 am and continued on throughout the day.  Phone calls and emails were in abundance too!  Other than aging, how can you not enjoy a day that is all yours?  It is an easy reminder of how much you mean to others and how much you are loved.  All I can say is, I am truly blessed!

Once I got to work, and threw everyone off because I was dressed up (I had to dress up on my birthday!), I had a little "birthday crown!" 

On Thursday night, I went out with some gal pals to the Mexican restaurant where we enjoyed some margaritas and each other's company.

Friday, I left T-ville around two pm and headed home.  Some changes in events caused me to decide to go home to see my family, but also to get to see my best guy friend...that was the cherry on top!  No pun intended since that is his last name! 

He let me know a few weeks ago that he would be flying in from California to Pensacola to take his Professional Engineering exam in Mobile.  At first, I was hesitant to go, but then I realized that if he can fly across country and wants to see me, I can drive four measly hours.  He was so excited when I let him know I had changed my mind!  He said he knew I'd come to my senses and that he was gonna give me a few more days till he let me know how dumb I was being.  He's so patient with me it's ridiculous!  Over the last five years we have really gotten close and two years ago we both moved away.  During our time back home, he would come up to see me the occasional Friday and we'd spend all day goofing off.  He's met most of my family and well...he kept coming back so I guess they didn't scare him off!   So, needless to say, we were both pretty excited to see each other!  

I'm going to back up a bit here and go back to Wednesday, when I got my hair colored because I refused to turn 28 with gray hair.  I thought it looked fine.  When my dad saw me he asked what what with all the red hair?  I quickly informed him that it was NOT red, but brown...he let it go...

Saturday, I met up with J in Pensacola and we had both understood that he would be on his friends motorcycle so I knew that we would be taking my vehicle.  Homegirl doesn't ride bikes!  I was a little early and he was a little late...that, also, is completely understood on both sides!  Once he finally got there, he walked over and opened my door to get out for a hug...and what does he say???  I LOVE your RED hair! Ugh!  Anyway, he said he'd drive so I dang sure let him!  He, and his chivalrous mannerisms that he obtains, walked me back around my vehicle to the passenger side and opened and shut my door for me.  He did this every time we went anywhere Saturday night!  He is also one to always have a plan and always be prepared. We had talked about going out to the beach.  Once we were in the vehicle he said that he thought we should go to Hemingway on the beach.  Neither of us had ever ate there so it was fine by me!  Supper was great and we picked up right where we left off.  After supper we walked the boardwalk and then went to the beach.  In my whole time of growing up there, I have NEVER been on the beach at night!  We went down a few public access places, away from the lights and Mr. Prepared had brought a blanket.  We sat on the blanket, listened to the waves crash, watched the stars (when the clouds would give us that opportunity), talked about life and discussed the condos across the street and which one we wanted.  The conversation is never lacking between us.  Never has been.  Time flew by and before we knew it, it was after 1am!  We headed back to the north side of town, where we had to say goodbye again.  Fortunately, Sunday held a window of opportunity for us and while he was dropped off super early for his flight, I picked him up and we went over to the mall.  It gave us a chance to spend a little more time together before he really had to leave...again.  Saying goodbye to a friend is ALWAYS hard to do...but it makes you feel good when you get a text that says "you are thought of and missed today."

Sunday morning I went to church with my family and afterwards my mom cooked us a fantastic meal for my birthday!.  
Me and my brother...his card had to be the funniest one I received.  It said "Forget the past, you can't change it" on the front and when you opened it, it said "Forget the present...there isn't one!"

My Maw Maw and my Mom...and the jolly green giant...gotta love genetics!

My parent's improvisation...no candles?  No problem!  Just use a balloon and a toothpick! :)

All in all, I had a great birthday!  I will have to blog later on my presents that I received.  Starting with some damn birds that Ashely got me!! Just kidding Ash!  Since they came from you, I love them!  I also got an Auburn picture for my office.  Once it is on the wall, I'll share a picture!   

No comments:

Post a Comment