Monday, May 2, 2011

Fishy Weekend

"What the hell just happened?" is exactly what I asked Bentley on Friday night, about 10:00pm while we were out in the very back corner of my parents yard.  We were out in the yard walking around after being couped up in the car for four hours on our little journey from GA when ALL the outside lights went out.  Country dark is very different from city dark.  You still have some light in the city, in the country you have to wait for your eyes to adjust to the pitch black dark before you can see by moonlight and knowing what creatures lurk in the dark around home I wasn't going to be waiting around for that moment in time!  I am not scared of the dark, I'm just scared of what is in the dark!! I always like to see "things" before they see me!  As Bentley and I finally walked back to the house and stumbled across the deck we found that not only had the lights been turned off on us, my parents had also locked the door!  I had to ring the doorbell to let them know that they had forgot about me.  I had been home 10 minutes and they had already forgot I was there!!  They both answered the door laughing (which I was too) saying that they are just use to two people being in the house and so out of habit they closed up for the night!  Nothing says "Welcome Home" like "Oops, we forgot you were here!" does.  It will be a long time before they live that one down!

Saturday, my friend Jacob and I went to Mobile for a wedding.  It was so beautiful and so great to see some old classmates!  So many memories!  Jacob and I took a walk down memory lane on the drive over there and when we met up with more people from home, we all rehashed some old stories from high school.  Absolute great time!

Sunday, after church, my parents, cousin Jim, and I went fishing.  I caught the most...a whopping TWO fish!  It took some talent to fish in this creek.  It took me a few casts to get the hang of dodging the overgrowth!
This is where we were fishing

Jim and his catfish

Dad and his bream

My first cast that went in the tree....

...still trying to get it out of the tree...that's my seriously fishing face!  Na, actually it's my "please don't pop me in the face" face!

Me and my cute little stumpknocker!

I had an appointment in Pensacola today (Monday) so I stayed an extra day and I had breakfast with my grandmother this morning.  Of all the times I didn't have my camera with me, I missed out on capturing quite the breakfast setting!  I walked in and she had a table cloth over her breakfast table, gold chargers, fine china,  complete silverware setting, crystal goblets and crystal mugs and our napkins were sprayed neatly in our goblet.  She is a riot because our breakfast consisted of....two honeybuns still in the wrapper sitting on the dinner plate!  I started laughing as soon as I saw it!  She is where I get my silly-ness from!  But, I got to hand it to her...she knows me well because she saw that I honed in on the clear mugs.  She told me not to worry and handed me a regular ceramic mug...I can not stand to see coffee in a clear mug! 

Great weekend at home and after my appointment, I could have easily went down to the beach because it was beautiful in Pensacola today!  Unfortunately, work called me back here...on a good note, Canada may be in my future around Oct this year.  We still have a few details to work out, but its a possibility and a great opportunity to see my oldest bestie, Alisha!

Hope you all have a great week and I will leave you with a few more pictures from home...
Don't know what they have done to the water, but that's the prettiest color I've ever seen it!

Corn, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment