Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Shall We Gather at the River?

The beautiful, the beautiful river?  All good baptists should know that hymn!  I know that I have abandoned blogging for a few weeks now, but I am back!  Don't worry, nothing exciting has happened!

This past weekend I went to Blountstown and spent some family time and celebrate my aunt's birthday!  My mom came down as well!  The family life of a farming is not for the overly sensitive person.  I really miss my dad and brother, but completely understood why they couldn't be gone for a few days right now.

On Saturday, my mom, aunt, and I went to St George Island for a few hours.  We weren't there an hour and my aunt was getting hit on by an older gentleman that needed oil rubbed on his back.  No offense to my male Georgia friends, but I cannot stand it when they start off  "I'm just an ole Georgia Boy...." and that's exactly how he started his conversation.  I will not repeat the words my aunt used, my mother simply smiled and didn't respond and since the old fart was standing next to me and Ashley had just made comment a few hours back of how hateful I am at times, I decided to be nice and "rubbed the lotion on the skin" to quote the famous movie line.  Generally, I am not a touchy person to people I don't know.  He could have had a dormant flesh eating skin virus that he didn't know about and was not showing any evidence of and now I could have it!  I know that is far fetched but, you never know! After receiving much grief about it from my family, I think I will continue to the status-quo Stacey.  I know longer care if you get burnt! After he left my mom and aunt informed me that I did it to be nice, they did not do it because their husbands would not have liked it and my mother (who is quite the feisty one) continued to say "once you're over 50, you really just don't care any more if you piss someone off and I'd rather a stranger be pissed for me not doing it than your daddy being upset that I did."  While this may sound harsh, the woman has a point.

St George Island

On Sunday afternoon, I had a chance to spend some uncle/niece time.  I went fishing with my uncle on the Chipola River.  That was my first time on that river and it was prettier that I thought!  We were there a good while before I started catching anything.  I was determined to catch something...anything...with my bitsy minnow hook and was very determined to have better luck with it than Ashley!  For her story with the same type of lurer click here and by clicking here you can have a more detailed idea of what went down this weekend...I'm not feeling very detailed today...more of a cliff notes kinda day! Anyway, I never caught anything with that rod so my uncle too pity on my and took if off my hands and gave me another one.  As soon as he casted it, he caught something!  Thankfully my line started pulling shortly after that!  And no, I didn't catch myself like Ash!

On Monday, Memorial Day, I spent it on Chipola River again!  This time with my cousins.  We sent up camp on a sand bar and relaxed and played in the water for hours!  I had an absolute great time!  Well..until the snake joined us!  People move quickly when a snake joins you!  Barrett and I were outta there!  Poor kid, at the beginning of the day when he was spraying me water and I had repeatedly told him no and to stop. I finally got to the point where I got in his face and proceeded to lecture him that we do not spray people without asking and that cousin Stacey spanks.  Then, for some reason he was still around me when the snake came.  I figured by now he didn't care for me anymore, especially after that last lecture. To escape the path of the snake,  I dragged him and his floaty to the boat...I am surprised I didn't drown him in the process!  Thank goodness he still loves me (I hope!)  

The snake!
Always time for a little fishing!


Brad baiting up!

That's Barrett in the middle...just having a great ole time!


Our Captain for the day!


Chipola


The cutest little boater!
The only other thing that is going on is trying to plan a vacation.  Jeff and I have deemed each other as vacation buddies, so we are going to try and make it to Canada this fall and I'll get to see my friend Alisha.  I have been up there twice and love it more every time I go!! Depending on if plane tickets increase too much more before then we are contemplating October...but we will see...maybe somewhere inside the states!

No comments:

Post a Comment