Thursday, July 7, 2011

Father's Day

Sorry for the delay in blogging!  I was having some internet problems and the technician just came today.

I have been home a lot over the past few weeks.  It has been SO great!  I went home the second weekend in July for my 10 year class reunion and for Fathers Day.

I will be frank and honest with you, I have the best dad!  I love him so much and he is my world!  There is a special bond that is between a  father and a daughter.  No one will ever understand it until they live it.

                                                                    What Makes A Dad 
God took the strength of a mountain, The majesty of a tree, 
The warmth of a summer sun, The calm of a quiet sea, 

The generous soul of nature, The comforting arm of night,
 The wisdom of the ages, The power of the eagle's flight, 

The joy of a morning in spring, The faith of a mustard seed, 
The patience of eternity, The depth of a family need, 

Then God combined these qualities, When there was nothing more to add, 
He knew His masterpiece was complete, And so, He called it ... Dad 
~ Author Unknown 

My dad seems to have all the patience in the world when it comes to me and my mother.  My friend Libbie will be quick to tell you that his whole demeanor changes when one of us is around or when we call him on the phone.  He does not use his normal scruffy bark of "HELLO" with us cause when I call I get a sweet "Hello Suzanne!" usually followed by "when are you coming home?"

I am still a little ticked about the gift I got him.  As far as I know, it still hasn't arrived.  After searching high and low, I finally found "Dawn at Socorro" on DVD.  The book is where my grandfather found the name "Brett Rutledge" so I thought it would be nice for daddy to have that since this was his first Father's Day without PawPaw.  I couldn't find the book, so the movie will have to do! Hopefully it will be delivered soon!!

Me and my Daddy!

Daddy with his kids
Daddy, I hope you had a great Fathers Day!  I love you!
-Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment