Monday, August 13, 2012

My Latest Hobby

I am going into month three of running.  Yes, running.  I don't know what has gotten into me either.  It started with a simple plan of attending boot camp twice a week and now I do that and run with a group out of boot camp on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays.

I hated running in school for sports.  Basketball was THE WORST!  A mile or two BEFORE practice and then practice which usually included full court scrimmage and for the full amount of time.  Then, just for fun, we would end with a couple of suicide runs.  Yay.

Now, in just a mere 70 day's I will be running my first half marathon with my running buddies!  I am actually excited about it.  I don't always look forward to the 4 mile run we do on M, W, & F, and I really don't look forward to our long Saturday runs (the last one was an 8+ miler).  However, there is a great sense of satisfaction upon completion that is priceless.  You may not think it when you are pouring with sweat so bad that it is like a dripping faucet that is steadily running off your pinky fingers while you run.  You just can't stop it.  So...just 70 days and I will be running the measly 13.1 miles for this pretty little thing!

http://www.runningforthebay.com

Get excited!  I will try and keep you all up to date on how it's going!


In other news, my cousins Brad and Nicole came to visit with us this weekend to go see my friend, Bobby, and his band play.  I always love hearing them play and I try to go to see them when ever possible!  I am so glad that Brad and Nicole were able to make it!  Now, Brad, I know that my slight case of OCD is quite amusing to you.  You move pictures around and I move them back.  You move my soap around and I move them back.  You put the wrong shoes in the wrong box and, again, I move them back.  You move my shirts around, out of the alphabetical order that I have them in and I move them back.  But one, just one, slipped by me and I didn't realize it until today...

The way they should be (with a little better folding job-see I'm not a total nut job!)  with the bands of the towels lined up...

The way Brad put them...

I love you, buddy!  You keep me on my toes and I like to think that I give you something to do when visiting...other than leaving all the cabinet doors and drawers open! 

I must go now, I seem to have some laundry to do since half my towels are gone!




No comments:

Post a Comment