Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A December to Remember

I have not fallen off the face of the Earth.  I am reminded daily of what a horrible blogger I am and how I need to blog.  It's not that I need to blog, I need something to blog about!  Luckily, I have a great topic to blog about after last weekend.

My big brother married the sweetest and prettiest young lady I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.  I am so thrilled to have a new sister and I am so completely happy for my brother.  I know his prayers were answered when God brought her into his life.

We have had a great time over the past few months celebrating the December 1st wedding.  Getting to know a new family and getting to see and catch up with other family members and friends that I haven't seen in a while was a fun time all the way around!

However, I couldn't help but think of me and Heath when we were little.  I kept having flash backs to different times in our lives when we were growing up and seeing him in the center spot light, where he LOVES to be, as a grown man about to be married, well...it can still bring tears to my eyes.  They are good tears of course.

My big brother.  The one who called me Kyle for years because he wanted a brother, the one who made me play endless games of basketball because "Rebecca Lobo's brother made her play all the time too and look where she is."  I guess I didn't realized that I wanted to be the next Rebecca Lobo!  The one who made me catch all of his fast pitches (knuckle, curve and breaking ball all included), the one who made me work with his show steer every day (while mine just wondered around thinking "Sucka!" about his steer!).  The one who stopped letting me go to bow shoots, and sold MY bow without me knowing, because I beat him in one little moving target section of a bow shoot (beat his friend, too!).  Him.  He was getting MARRIED!

I am so happy for Heath, but I do have a few mixed feelings.  For the last 10-12 years, I have been his personal shopper, advisory committee, firing squad, and confidant.  I realize these all will change and while I am glad to see a few of these duties go, I am sad to think of those sisterly duties that I enjoyed.  However, knowing that the trade off for these duties is the addition of an amazing woman into our family makes it a lot easier.

I am excited for their future, as well as our families and the additions that may bless us in the future.  Of course, I would prefer it to be sooner than later, but it has to happen in its own time.

Love you, Buddy


   I hope to have additional pictures soon and will probably blog again about gorgeousness of the whole wedding weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment