Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy New Year!!

This year is going to be a great one!  I just know it!  Within this year will be my 30th birthday.  I cannot believe that I will be 30!  It doesn't seem possible.  After thinking about this gloomy 30th birthday, I decided to make the most of it.  I have a few months before it arrives, so I made a list of 30 things that I should do before my big day.  I decided to stay local and see how people see this beautiful area through tourist eyes.  I am probably the worst native because there are many things and places that I have never done.  However, there are a few on the list that are easily obtainable and some are things that I am hoping to do before then, but I may have to extend the list a few months or so...just depends on how things go!

Here it my "30 Before 30" list:

1.  Buy a house
2. Train for Tough Mudder (Event is in May)
3. Take the Pensacola Historical Tour
4. Ft. Barancus
5. Ft. Pickens
6. Ft. McRee
7. Pensacola Lighthouse
8. Revisit the Seanger Theatre
9. Paddle Board
10. Pensacola Ice Flyers Game
11. Big Lagoon State Park
12. Observation Wheel at the beach
13. Blue Angel practice
14.  See the sunset at Pensacola Beach (how ridiculous, right?  I usually leave before then or get there after dark)
15. Jones Swamp Trail
16. Fishing in the Gulf
17. Kayak at the beach
18. Visit the Zoo (they have redone it)
19. Visit the Battleship on Mobile Bay
20. Mardi Gras Ball
21. Bellingrath Gardens
22. 5 Rivers Sunset Tour
23. Ft. Morgan
24. Take the Mobile Bay Ferry to Dauphin Island
25. Dauphin Island
26. Rosey O'Grady's Dueling Pianos
27. Revisit the IMAX theater
28. Hot Air Ballon Festival in Foley (it's in the summer)
29. Beulahfest
30.  Pensacola Mardi Grad Parade

It's not major events, but all events or destinations that I should have already been to.  I wish I would have started this earlier, I probably could have had a greater list if I had a year!  Ashley, don't be alarmed at the historical places!

I will keep you updated on how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment