Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Cherokee Lake

Mom and I both fell in love with Cherokee Lake. We both walked it the morning after I moved in. As you can see in the pictures, it is absolutely beautiful! I walk here just about every afternoon. One picture shows the connectivity from my apartment complex, to the walking path. It's a great place to gather your thoughts and just take in the scenery. There's nothing better than getting to enjoy the beauty of the world God has blessed us with.
There is a set of train tracks that go over the lake as well, which is one of the pictures. I have not been there when it comes, nor do I want to be! There is also and area that is out of sight from the rest of the park, it's the picture that's 3rd from the bottom. This is my paranoia area. This is where I think someone is going to come up behind me and strangle me with my headphone cords. That is why I keep them on, but turn off the music so I can hear. Who needs thriller movies when you have an over active imagination like mine!! There were some geese there today. One got a little too close for comfort, so I had to jet. All I needed was Ashley there with me, and it would have been like when we were kids and she got bit by the goose cause I jetted then too! I wasn't hanging around to find out what it felt like! It would have been better if the little kid would have stopped feeding them bread! I do, however, have two friends at the park. They are there every time I go! They are so cute and friendly...but not too friendly! They keep their distance. I have named them Cliff and Norm (off of Cheers) and no matter what kind of day they have had, they always take time to look at me and acknowledge my presence. Oh, by the way, they are two ducks.
Lead class made me want to cut my eye balls out today. The only fun part today was the lab experiment. I did do mine perfectly though! Give me a science experiment and I will be content ALL DAY LONG!! I was the first to turn it in with all the correct measurements, Id's, project info, custody sheet, and field diagram. I had a little fun with the names of the pretend inspector, owner name, and my company name. The inspector's name was I. Bea Mean, the owner was Ms. Willma I. Ball, and my company name was Thebomb.com (you have to say the "dot"). The teacher only caught on to the company name. That was the ONLY fun I've had all day!
And I have no idea how to get my pictures to stay like I have them in the lay out...still working out some things! They aren't suppose to be in a straight line down!































1 comment: