Monday, August 31, 2009
Whoever has my UPS package, please let me know!
Today was just lovely. Last Thursday, I had a package delivered via UPS. I was not at home at the time, I was at happy hour with some new friends. But, did he leave it, no! He left a note saying he'd try again. Well, I knew I wouldn't be here on Friday, so I went on-line to have them hold it at the UPS store in Cairo (15-20 mins away). Since I had to go to Tally today after work, I thought I would go get it at lunch....um, NO! They don't open till 4 pm. So, that ticked me off and I came back after work (and keep in mind that Cairo is not on the way to Tally) only to find out that they didn't have it AT ALL!!! Ugh! That totally ticked me off! But what really should have been a clue that it was going to end badly, was when the one, the only, employee in that very small building asked me "are you here to pick up a package?" Well, considering that my hands are empty, so I'm not dropping off anything to be mailed...then YES, I am here to pick something up! Was I missing something? Was THIS the local hang out or something? Why else would I be here? Anyway, as the day progressed after lunch, I went out and about in T-ville and did my job. I was with the guy who was doing everything before I got there...pretty cool cat. I like him. He's a no BS kinda guy...you all know I like things honest and to the point. Don't waste my time with unnecessary fluff. We went in some places that made my skin crawl. When I got back to my office, I had three new complaint messages. One of them was a Mr. Williams. Well, I don't know about you, but those of you who have seen the Bon Qui Qui King Burger clip can guess how I started the conversation off...oh yes, that's right..."hey there Mr. Williams, how you doin today, sir?" Oh, yes, "that what I had said!" Those words just rolled off my tongue before I could even think about stopping the word vomit. I even said it like her! Thankfully, he just said, "I'm fine, thank you very much for asking. If you haven't seen it...take a peak! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZkdcYlOn5M
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment