Tuesday, September 15, 2009
O Boy, O Boy...
I often think to myself, 'Does this kinda stuff happen to others too, or is it just me?' Today, in complete effort to stop the state of FL from suspending my license, I went to get my GA license so I can get my GA tag tomorrow. Well, my day started with an 8am drug meeting that lasted till 9. At 930 I was pulled into a video conference/meeting....that didn't end till 4pm. However, we did get a lunch break. Wonderful, I thought to myself. I could go get my license and get it over with. I head out toward the bypass (yes, T-ville has a bypass!) and went my merry little way to the DDS (Division of Driver Services or something like that). I pulled into the parking lot and grabbed the last available space. Hmm, I thought. This may not be a good idea after all! It wasn't! After standing in line for 10 minuets, I get up to the next "available" (and I use that term loosely) person and start my process. I hand her all my paperwork and she hands me a page of information to fill out. She also hands me a ticket with a number on it (F504) and she tells me to wait till my number is called. Fine, not a problem! Uh, 35 minutes later, I have a BIG problem. There is no way to tell when you will be called next due to the lettering code with the number. They hit all around me, I felt like the ship on battle ship, but I wanted to get hit so I could get up outta there! The line was literally out the door, 4 people were working the DDS booths, the chairs were 75% filled, and 2 of the 4 workers decided they needed to cash out their drawers. Um no! It's not like any of them were going to make a bank run and it was only like 1ish. Finally, they called some G number. I had had enough...I jumped up, completely cut this person off and told the next available person that I had to go to work and I did not have time for this cause I had another meeting to go to and that I would be back and for HIM to hold my paper I had just filled out. So, I head back to work. After work, I hop on the bypass again. Only to pull into a much reduced parking lot. Only 6 cars were there. Great! This should be SO easy since I already filled out my paper work and all I have to do is pay and smile! Wrong again! I get in only to tell the person what I need and that I already started the paperwork. He handed it back to me...along with another ticket number...F509! What?! they are just getting to F509?!?! Whatever. I go sit down for about 5 minutes and the lady calls me back up. I pay her, answer a few questions, and prayed that I didn't have to do the eye exam....cause my glasses were in the truck and I don't want my glasses listed on my license. After dealing with her, again, I sit back down till time for my picture. The man calls me up there, I sign and I smile, and wait another 3 minutes for it to print out. Once it was printed out, he said to make sure my name, address, and b-day was correct. I read over them, said yes, and went out the door. Finally! As I was walking to my truck I was examining my license. You know, just the usual...getting familiar with what was on them...like your weight, which I think was stupid, your eye color, green, check. Height, 5'8", check. Sex, M, ch...What? M? Oh Hell No!! They put that I was a male! By now, I am furious with this place! I went back in...only to start over...again! The guy who takes the pictures looked at me and asked if there was something wrong. I said "Do I look like a guy?" I had on a pink shirt and really cute jewelery today, by the way...just for reference! He said no, you are a very pretty lady. I said thanks, pointed to the lady that imputed my information and said, can you tell her that?! Shortly before 6pm, I left the DDS, or as I have now renamed them, the DDSR, Don't Do Shit Right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment