Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Range, Mean, Median, and Mode...
Today Ashley and I started at the Boys and Girls club. We walked into the tutoring room and started helping right away. Ashley had to help a kid with spelling. Not that I needed to help anyone with spelling, but he was alphabetizing. I could handle that! No, lucky me got the Dante NeAsheia, a 5th grader working on math. I looked at her paper and saw all these numbers...in a line...lots of numbers! I asked her what she was working on and she said that she had to find the range, mean, median, and mode for all the groups. I said "ok" and thought to myself, I hope her book is around here somewhere! Ah ha! I found her worksheet that explained everything! Not that I forgot how to determine all of those, but I did forget how to find the median when there is an even group of numbers. Oh well, it's for a good cause. Afterwards, we were standing around talking when there seemed to be a little quarrel between two little boys. The bigger boy starts screaming "he hit me in the face with the ball!" The smaller boy yelled back "No I didn't, I kicked you in the leg!" It was funny, he said it like he really meant 'if you're gonna tattle, at least get it right!' Speaking of sweet, precious children, the state of GA almost lost a non-tax paying resident this afternoon. I was pulling through the parking lot here at the apartments, and this hell raising little boy ran out in front of me! I call him hell raiser because he had a huge stick in his hand...that screams "I'm up to no good!" Of course, there is no parent to be seen either!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment