Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas time's a coming!


After a great mini vacation at home, Sunday I drove a dreaded 4 hours and 48 minutes back to my couped up life in this apartment. Being home really made me miss a couple of things:

1) My old co-workers. I was able to catch up with a few on Wednesday. As I told Jason a few weeks ago, it still seems surreal and that I am just away temporarily.

2) Pensacola, actually. That was a shocker to me! Driving around town on Wednesday really made me miss it. I really miss being able to take my lunch by the water whenever I wanted to...I really miss the Oar House. Now, I come home and watch tv or take a nap during lunch.

3) My family. When I called Grandmother on Tuesday, she was already beginning to cook for Thursday. I thought to myself "if I were home, I could be cooking with my grandmother." But nothing beats the heartfelt expression I see, nor the heartwarming feeling I get, when my mom practically tackles me at the back door. The huge bear hugs my daddy gives me, along with the "hello Suzanne" (him calling me Stacey is a rarity at home, he calls me Stacey when we are out in public) and the adorable waves and smiles I get from Heath, which takes me back to when we were kids.

4) My Friends. Nothing can ever replace them. Ever.

What does all this mean? Well, with me, you can never be sure...

After discussing with daddy the best route to come home due to the traffic, I decided to take US 84. I picked it up in Andalusia and it runs all the way here. Few towns and red lights, but it's four laned most of the way and it kept me off the interstate. So, me and my book on tape, had an enjoyable trip back. However, I really need to get off my stubborn streak and start taking stretching breaks. Almost five hours of sitting has started to take it's toll on my knees and shoulders. By the way, I am listening to "The Devil in the Junior League" I find it quite entertaining, especially since my days in the Jr. League of Pensacola were short lived. Now, I love nice clothes, nice things, and such, but I just can't get that girly or that dedicated to anything...I am beginning to think that I have commitment issues. My attention span is 5 mins, really, that is all you get, so you need to spit it out (unless it is work related and my paycheck depends on it, then I am all ears)and those hour long meetings were horrible for me. In the words of Scarlet "Frankly, I don't give a damn!"

Christmas is on its way! I brought all my Christmas decorations back with me and they are all out for display now. The picture is one of my favorite ornaments, 2nd favorite to be exact. Merry Christmas!!

1 comment: