Love, like most four letter words, can be very powerful when used in a sentence. From the words "I love you" to "I don't love you anymore" can change our worlds in the blink of an eye. The right kind of love is unchanging, never wavering, strong, steadfast and true. It's also patient and kind. It does not envy nor boast. It always proctects, trusts, hopes and perserves...and above all, love never fails.
Love should not require a designated day for anyone to tell anybody that they love them. Being those adjectives listed above should greatly outweigh any greeting cards, flowers and candy that can be purchased on any given day. Don't get me wrong, I love getting cards and flowers, well mainly tulips or callilillies, I just like to be surprised with them (and I did get a surprise this V-day). The fact that anyone can love anybody so strongly to produce those actions is nothing more than a God thing. God loved us so unconditionally that he gave his ONLY son to die for us and never asked for anything more than for us to be faithful, loyal and loving toward him. God didn't give anyone flowers or cards or candy on any designated day. He gives us eternal life and an aboundance of love on a daily basis. That is love. Putting your trust and hope in someone you believe in is scary but the outcome can be amazing if you let it and if you let God be God. So many times in life we try to take things into our own hands and that usually ends up in failure. We have to learn to put our trust and hope in God before we put them into someone we love here on Earth. God provides us with many feelings but a lustful heart will never be one...he wants our love to be pure and true for each other, just like ours should be for Him.
This Valentines day I spent the evening with someone I very much, my cousin Ashley. We had beef filets with a congac onion sauce, my special spicy-cheesy potatoes (Ash's favorite), salad and wine. Here are a few photos...
Garlic stuffed olives...I love olives. These are a favorite of mine and Ashley's so I picked them up as a hors d'oeuvres. However, please be warned that no one will want to talk to you, much less give you any sugar, after you eat one...that's right, it only takes one to get your breath kickin'!

Nothing made me happier than using my china! I paid out the ying-yang for this pattern and I love it! Out of all my china patterns that I have, it still remains my favorite! I have some black wine glasses, but they are still packed away because I have no where to put all my china.
This was our supper...I had to wing the filet recipe because I forgot to write down the ingredient that I needed from the grocery store. I left a few things out, but it still turned out pretty tasty!
...and my most beautiful tulips! Thanks so much for them!!
No comments:
Post a Comment