Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up...Family Fun

This weekend was great! I was able to spend time with my family! I am starting to get spoiled with the amount of times I have seen them since the beginning of the year! Last year it would be months before I would see my parents...I think I've seen them four times already this year!
My dad had to come this way to get some more irrigation pipe for a new system he's putting in at home. Also, there was a farm auction on Saturday around Dothan that he and my uncle wanted to go to so I went along with them to spend some time with them. However, before we could get going on Saturday we had to get the tire on the trailer fixed. Dad had a slight blow out on the interstate on Friday night....
This is how we started the day....at the tire shop...

This is why we had to be at the tire shop...


DO you see anything wrong with this sign???
I'm not sure which bothers me the most. The fact that they paid for a grammatically wrong sign or the fact that the person who's profession is making signs didn't catch the mistake either. Oh well...like my uncle said, maybe they didn't have enough room to use the correct "Due."

We finally got to the pipe place and what seemed like an eternity later, we left. I get bored easily, but I always remind myself that it's not about what you're doing, its about who you're with.

After the pipe was loaded, we went on to the sale...all I know is there were lots of people and equipment there! I even found something I wanted!!!


A 1986 fire engine. That's all I wanted and asked for, but my daddy actually told me "no!" He's been doing that a lot lately...I don't particularly care for this change...

And finally we made it back to my aunt and uncles...
I ended up spending the night and whenever I stay, my uncle and I have a biscuit making lesson while making breakfast. I can cook a lot of things. I think I'm a pretty good cook, but for the life of me I CANNOT make a homemade biscuit! I don't know what it is, but mine always turn out awful. I can make homemade bread and corn bread, but a biscuit is absolutely out of the question!! So, for the millionth time I watched my uncle again this morning...he doesn't use measurements and it's only three ingredients...you'd think I could get it! Wrong!!
After breakfast my cousin Brad, his wife Nicole and their son, Barrett, came over. Nicole brought water guns...and the kid in everyone, especially my dad, came out...

Barrett and dad starting the "gun fight"




"Uncle Brett, can you spray my hands?"

"Wait just a minute..."


"Let's get 'em Paw Paw!"





"Aunt Bootsie, I won't shoot you, I promise!"

This was pretty funny, he had mom looking up in the tree and while she was looking up, he shot her in the chin area. He's a pretty funny kid! If you are wondering where "Bootsie" came from, my brother started all that mess....and where he got it from, well, Lord only knows!!

It really was a fun weekend! Since I ended up staying the night and I didn't have any of my make-up and hair products with me, I was more than happy to be the photographer. There isn't too many times you will catch me without my make up on and my hair done...I save that visual havoc for my family and VERY close friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment