This is the only one I can find right now, but it was an old shotgun style house, beautiful hardwood floors, freezing in the winter and hot in the summer! I loved every minute of living here! Still kinda miss it too! Anyway, moving along...
I finally made it up there around five-ish. I had a little time to kill and I found out that my aunt and uncle were actually in Orange Beach so they weren't there for me to go visit with while I waited on Court to get off work. However, the mall was more than happy to keep me company! I walked around for a little while and she finally made it home and we went to go meet her friend from work for supper. It was nice to meet her friend and it was REALLY nice that her friend let me try on her 4 carat, emerald cut, slightly included diamond ring! OH MY MY!!! It looked quite nice on my finger too! I could handle that!!
Us, being the rebel rousers that we are...haha...fell asleep watching tv by 10pm...wild children, I know! Saturday, I was bright eyed and bushy tailed by 7am. I am not one for sleeping late unless I have been up late, which obviously was not the case! I had showered and got ready to go get some coffee, since she doesn't even own a coffee pot, but before I left I stuck my head in her room to wake her up...sometimes I think that if I am awake, everyone else should be too!! Not all the time, but Saturday I did! Court quickly pointed out to me that it was stupid for me to be ready so early since nothing opens till 10am. Hmm, I neglected to realize this! Actually, it never crossed my mind! I had a nice cup of hot, black, strong coffee on my mind and how great it was going to taste across my lips and down to the pit of my stomach...not what time the stores opened! People often ask me if I like my men like I like my coffee...and of course I answer them, yes! I like my men hot and all over my lap when I am driving...haha!!
I begrudgingly sat down in the living room and settled for a diet coke and waited...and waited...for Court to get ready. Then, we hit the ground running! We went up to Leeds (stopped and got my coffee) to the outlet mall and enjoyed the most beautiful day ever imaginable! Something that I enjoy more that stimulating the economy is people watching. Man, there are some real freak shows out there...on an up side, if you own stock in GAP, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, Tommy Hilfiger, Pandora bracelets or Bumble and Bumble hair products, you may see a spike this coming up week...I'd stay tuned if I were you!
After we left the outlets, we went to a few more malls and stores. We also had to go to Sams Club to get a few pillows...her roommate actually took her pillows when she left!! That's a little odd, or so I thought. We ended the night with a great Italian restaurant called Costa's in Trussville. We were starving because we ate a little breakfast and that was all...no time for lunch when you shop like we do!! We went non-stop from about 9:30 to 6:00. I ordered some chicken pesto...three bites later I was done...some things should never be mixed together.
After supper we went shopping a little more...Kohls and TJ Max. We were going to go to the Ironhorse Cafe and watch US Band, we use to see in college, but again, we fell asleep watching tv! And not just any tv show, it was Say Yes to the Dress! I love that show! I make my dad watch it when I am at home...needless to say, he can't stand it and keeps saying "wouldn't you and whoever you marry rather just have the money I'd spend on a wedding to put down on a house or land?" Of course, I say no...who knows what he would say...whoever he may be...guess that's a decision we'll make when it comes time for all that!
After our tradition of brunch at the Cheesecake Factory, I stared the trek home. I wasn't even to the interstate yet when my Uncle Mike calls me. He's usually the only one who calls to check on me when I'm traveling, after we chatted I was kinda in a hurry to get home. I absolutely hate driving, love to travel, hate to actually drive. As I get closer to my destination, I tend to really speed up...especially today.
Now, you may think or might have a slight inclination as to what would be the not so perfect ending to a great weekend...any takers??? That's right boys and girls, I got pulled over. Let me brief you on how the conversation went down, but first let me set the scene: four lane hwy, grass median with crepe myrtles, I am approaching a curve and as I am coming out of the curve... me: "Oh shit, he's gonna pull me over" slowing down...get over in the right lane...cop pulls out and follows me for a bit...then those dreadful lights come on...Ofc "License and proof of insurance, please." I hand it to him, hand shaking...Ofc: "why are you shaking Miss? Cops make you nervous?" Me: "uh, kinda" Ofc: "You know you were doing 72 in a 55?" Me: "Really? I thought it was 65 through here." I really did...obviously I wasn't paying attention.... Ofc: "would you like for me to check my radar for accuracy?" Me: "No, I know I was speeding, just didn't know it was that bad." He goes back to his car, I know the routine all too well...this now make my 12th time being pulled over and 3rd or 4th ticket...Ofc: "If I can just get you to sign in the highlighted area..." he went on to explain the cost (I need to take everything I bought back!) and court date and other information...Me: "I take back what I said earlier, cops don't make me nervous, I work with yall a lot." Ofc: "Really? What do you do?" I told him and then he said "you should have told me that earlier." with a smile on his face. DANG IT!! Way to go, Stace...you idiot! By now it was comical, as most of my nervous situations turn out to be, I told him that was a great hiding spot, he told me he wasn't hiding, it's just hard to see anybody sitting there when you are rounding out the curve as fast as I was...we both laughed and joked and then we finally bid our farewells. Over all, nice man doing his job and I was speeding, in the wrong, and deserved a ticket. I call Court and her response was "well, you were about due for one anyway" yeah, I was... I never try to get out of tickets, I have actually asked for a warning instead of a ticket and got it, but that's about it. My mother gets on to me every time for not speaking up. At home it was easy to use my last name to get out of things...when your family name is on a court house and a school, it does work in your favor...not so much here!! I'll never forget my great-grandmother got pulled over and they told her what judge she'd be going in front of...I assure you a ticket has never been torn up as quickly as hers was when she responded with "You mean I have to appear in front of my son?"
Anyway, I am finally home where I belong, ready for a new week...maybe it will be a calm one!!
No comments:
Post a Comment