Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Blissful Birthday Banter...

It's my birthday!! Well, in a little over a month it will be my birthday!! I absolutely LOVE my birthday! How can you not love a day that celebrated you being born...it's basically a day dedicated to your awesomeness!! Let's wonder back and reflect upon those past birthdays...

Age 3: My birthday fell on Easter this year and I got a stuffed lamb that wound up and played music. I, being the musical wonder I am (haha), made up a complete song about this lamb. Why? I have no idea, but it seemed like the right thing to do at the time. Playing on my swing set wasn't cutting it that day! That birthday was also the first time our family met my Aunt Ronda...I am truly blessed with awesome aunt's and uncle's!

Age 5: Had a few of my friends over from my kindergarten class...that was the year I got my bright pink radio! Oh yes, I was rocking it at the young age of 5!

Age 7: I had a sophisticated dress up tea-party complete with mom's china and petit-fours that the baker came to the house to finish up. We all looked pretty cute in our mother's dresses, high heels, grown up hair-do's, and costume jewelry! Man! I wish I had those pictures here with me! Obviously, between the ages of 5 & 7, we realized boys were gross and they were no longer welcome at girl birthday parties!

Age 13: Major party at our residence...boys no longer were gross (well some of them still were, but that was just due to bad hygiene!) and there was about 40 of us playing volleyball, basketball, or just sitting around while my parents cooked for us. I'll never forget two things: 1) one guy in my class, Mark, clung to my dad like glue. My parents ran into him a few years back and mom said he was just as fascinated with dad then, as he was when we were back in school. 2) My mom made me a huge "13" out of balloons. I thought it was pretty cool, especially since I have a fascination with balloons...I think they are pretty for some odd reason.

Ages 17: Jacob and I were suppose to meet up with some more friends for supper, however Amanda had called me to come pick her up cause of some lame excuse and Jacob hadn't picked me up yet. She told me to come on and get her and we'd be back before he would get there. Well, that statement was correct! When I got to Amanda's there was the whole group at her house, along with my parents! I love a surprise party!

Age 18: My birthday fell on the same night as my Senior play, Lil' Abner. After the play, I wanted to go home because the looser I was dating at the time (yes, you were right about him daddy) didn't come to my play, much less come see me on my birthday, and I wasn't a happy camper. Everyone else was going over to Daniels to hang out by the pool and just goof off. Just as I'm walking in the backdoor my mom hands me the phone and it's my best friend, Ashley, calling to see where I was. After a few minutes of begging me to come over, I finally did, and I had another surprise party! Two years in a row! Sweet! And in case you are wondering about the looser, I continued to put up with his crap for another year and a half. In fact, I got my acceptance letter to Auburn and called him with excitement and instead of a simple "congratulations" I got a "I guess we will go a head and break up." Let me charade this out for you: one word...sounds like...asshole.

We will skip the others up until last year, mainly cause I don't think I did much of anything...well at 23 I went to Destin for the weekend. All I have to say about that is, I LOVE DESTIN!! My 24th I spent in Myrtle Beach while we stayed at a friend of the family's condo.

Last year, age 27, my fantabulous cousin, Ashley, cooked me a fantastic supper complete with fantastic gifts! She had bought me a robe, a matching cosmetic bag and a hair brush. She had my robe and bag monogrammed with my initials...I love anything monogrammed. If I had a machine that monogrammed...well...it could be dangerous. I am pretty sure that even my shower curtain would be monogrammed!! If you are wondering why a hair brush, it's because she absolutely hates mine because the knobs on the end of the bristles are gone so it really scratches your head...I personally like the way it feels. I still use my brush, just don't tell her...shhh....

This year, who know what will happen...hopefully I won't shed any tears. The realization of 30 is quickly approaching and I am nowhere close to where I wanted to be at this stage in life. However, I still have two years to make those things possible!

The next blog will be the complete shopping guide to purchasing any of the items that may appear on my birthday wish list. Please do not hesitate or get upset if you miss my birthday (well, some of you better not forget it), I accept presents year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment