Tuesday, March 29, 2011

You SPIN Me Right Round...

I am warning you, in advance, that what I am about to write is my fault, but if you stick around to read it, it is your fault!  HAHA! I had quite the mishap at the gym on Monday...well, my second trip to the gym on Monday. I go to yoga every morning at 6:15...except for this Friday, because I have a GAZA Board Meeting in LaGrange that I have to leave early for and next week...apparently my instructor observes this holiday called Spring Break...I have heard of it but it has been years since I have partook of any festivities!  Anyway, back to the mishap.  Monday is usually Circuit, well, let me back up...the FD had to change their schedule for their workouts.  Because of their work rotation, some of them were not doing some of the workouts for three weeks so they have extended the classes to an hour and a half and combined the workouts into a few different things such as circuit and yoga together.  ANYWAY, like I said, circuit was suppose to be Monday but instead they had to change it to Spin and Body Attack.  Since I can't stay for the whole time, I usually just stay for spin which is great because I love it!  Tim is really good at pushing me (aka hitting me with the towel when he thinks I'm slacking) so we usually sit beside each other.  He tried to get me to sit in front of him, but I do not care for my butt to be in anyone's face...I prefer to be up against the wall.  I really don't care for anyone in front of me...some people are rather flatulent and you never know what they had for lunch!  Well, I being the good Baptist that I am, chose a bike in the back of the room.  Tim and I apparently need to have a come to Jesus meeting about where to sit because the little brown noser was in the second row!  After a brief discussion, on which he won, I was moved to the front row.  Here lately I feel like I have lost my fighting side.  I usually win arguments with him...or so I like to think...and while I am rather pissed off about a few things in life right now, I didn't put up much of a fight with moving, or much of a fight on anything these days...I am focusing my hurt and anger toward something else other than people.

Once I realized that I was moving up front, I had to dismount my bike.  Those who know me well know I am not the most graceful thing in the world.  It is really hard to fathom that I took ballet, but I did and now 20 years later I can't even get off a bike!  The pedals have straps on them and I forgot to take my right foot out of it.  The pedal completely attacked my leg on my way down...I'm still not sure how it all happened, but it did and only these type of mishaps happen to me.  Once I got myself back together, I went up to the front and since I was a little disgruntled with bikes at this point, Tim adjusted my new bike.  Later in class,  we were really going, and I mean going!  My legs burning and noodle-like; wanting to stop but my anger inside me wont let me and neither will Tim who keeps fussing at me "Faster" or "Tighter" (referring to the resistance on the bike).  As we are going, I realize a pain on the inside of my right thigh, just above the knee area.  It felt like I hit something...then I felt it again and again.  I was so focused on my spinning that I didn't realize I was hitting the bike seat adjuster knob...well, it let me know that it was there!
All I can say is...it hurts!
 Oh Spin,
You did me in.
For 45 minutes I was mounted on your seat,
Determined it was you I would beat.
I never thought that you would win,
Oh how wrong I have been!

Oh Spin,
You did me in.
Next week we will meet in class,
And next week I will kick your ass.
No more crap I will take from you,
Nor more will my legs turn black and blue.

Oh Spin,
You did me in.
For 45 minutes you make me sweat,
But when it's over you give me pep.
You have made my legs tone and tight,
To push me a little more, Tim has the right.

Oh Spin,
You did me in.
At first it was you I wanted to cut,
Mainly because your seat was a big pain in my butt.
But now my butt is nice with tone,
If you were a dog I'd toss you bone.

Oh Spin,
You did me in.
Only thing I hate more than miming,
Is this poem of full of rhyming.
I have rhymed about you for a few verses,
Begrudgingly with little to no cusses.

Oh Spin you did me in,
and this poem MUST end.
I will see you again next week,
With the FD boys who are not meek.
Good night spin and your seat,
For after Zumba tonight I am beat!

I warned you didn't I?!?! HAHAHAHA!! I really do love spin...it is a love/hate relationship. My leg really does hurt though! Kinda burns a bit too...oh well...this ain't my first rodeo.  I have had a bigger bruise than that before on my legs!  Bruises and scars always had a home on my legs from sports... especially the year my high school team decided to play in shorts instead of pants...ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment