My mother told me to be reasonable when creating my birthday list...I told her I'd do my best to try. While I am a reasonable and understanding person when it comes to the daily grind and life issues, when it comes to what I want I don't think I am being unreasonable...I just have good, and at times expensive, taste! Hint: the word 'want' plays heavily. I know that I will not get any of the items on my wish list, but that is what I want. Remember, 'needs' and 'wants' are completely different!
Item #1: I want a new watch. Currently, I am sporting my Citizen, two-tone, Eco-Drive that I purchased in 2003. I really do love this watch and I have only cheated on it with my Brighton watch for about two years. The battery in the Brighton finally died and I just didn't want to go spend $7 on a battery when I had my back up, aka my Citizen. This watch does not require a battery, that is why I love it! Every morning, I pull it and my Pandora bracelet out of my smaller jewelery box that sits on my dresser and while I am putting on my bracelet the Citizen is waking up and the hands are going crazy to get to the correct time. If it doesn't get any sunlight it goes into sleep mode (even at the movie theater it will do this) but as soon as light hits it, it goes to the correct time. My other issue with the Brighton is that it did not have the date on the face. It bothers me if the date is not on my watch. I don't know why, it's just one of the characteristics of a watch that I prefer to have. This is the watch I have had my eye on for some time now...http://www.michaelkors.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod8840004&parentId=cat31902&masterId=cat145&index=7&cmCat=cat000000cat145cat31902
Item #2: I would like some new Auburn Art for my office. Currently, all I have is one goofy picture that I tried to paint of Aubie and a picture that PKD painted for me. I would love to have the picture of Toomers Corner after the National Championship game, a picture of Toomers Oak, the Eagle, the stadium, Samford Hall...actually, I love all of them! This link will take you to Toomers Corner after the NC game, but feel free to browse! https://www.auburnart.com/auburnwinnerwonderlandautoomerscornerbcschampionshipcelebrationframedphoto-p-3167.html
Item #3: I am still in search for a few of my Waterford Flutes Twelve days of Christmas. I am mainly focused on the First Day since it is the oldest and it will be the hardest to find. I think I still need 1, 3, and 7...I think that's correct. There was the option of getting them all at one time for about $1000.00, but that's not an option now! I'm sure Overstock, eBay, or Amazon has them! I absolutely love these flutes and can't wait to actually use them one Christmas! The stemware pattern for the flutes is the elegant, most popular Waterford Pattern, Lismore! Thank goodness it is not platinum or gold rimmed...those will have to be hand washed because the dishwasher will eventually remove the trim on the rim!
Item #4: A new china pattern. I am in love with Juliska! I have been for years! I think that Jardins Du Monde would make the best everyday pattern! Also, I love Pewter Stoneware, and mixed with the right combination of other patterns, such as Berry And Thread in the color 'Ruby' it would be an awesome table setting and with the right table scape, it would be an fantastic Christmas setting! However, I do not see mixing my Waterford with Juliska for a Christmas setting...that's just not gonna happen. That's like putting plaid with stripes, you just don't do it!
Item #5: "The Thornbirds" dvd. I LOVE this movie...well, it's really more like a mini-series...I had the dvd and I let someone borrow it. Needless to say, I never saw it again. I came across it at a place in Auburn where you could sell your old cd's and dvds...I couldn't believe that I found it in a store! I'm sure the Internet has it, but it's more fun when you stumble across something like that!
Item #6: This is going to sound totally ridiculous, but I would like a piggy bank. It absolutely drives me crazy to see loose change lying around everywhere! I found a few "Shabby Chic" piggy banks and a few websites that can personalize them...I just want somewhere to put my loose change! Plain and simple!!
Unless you are my parents, you can stop reading now...
Dear Mom and Dad,
I would like to introduce you to the Platinum Edition of my birthday list. Read closely as you know I don't like to repeat myself! There are two serious issues at hand here (three if you read between the lines):
#1) I would like my car paid off.
#2) I would like a house completely furnished.
Did I mention that you two are the best parents ever?!?! :)
Thanks,
Stacey Suzanne
PS: Yes, I know I just wasted my time typing that out....a girl can try, can't she?!?!
Now, back to everyone...This is just a list of material things that I want and there is really an even longer list of my 'wants' that even includes a husband and about three kids. However, no matter how many wants there are, there is not one thing that I need. Being able to understand the difference between your wants and needs are what really sets people apart. There is a point in your life when some of your wants have become your needs (just not the material things). For example, a husband and kids are a 'want' for me at this point in my life, but should that want ever get met, they would cross the line into the 'need' category. They would become my family and I need my family.
I have my health, my family, my friends, a job and a roof over my head and I am truly thankful for another year that the good Lord has blessed me with...
Don't get hung up in the 'wants' in life. Eventually the wants that you need will become the needs that you want!
No comments:
Post a Comment