The conference was great! I am now a board member for the state's association of Zoning Administrators! It's a huge and great honor within my profession! Unfortunately, the only perks that come with it is....you guessed it! More meetings! The post conference meeting is on April 1...I thought they were joking since that is April Fool's Day! It kinda bums me out because there is nothing I love more than pulling jokes on my co-workers! Last year I did an excellent job! I made about 20 copies of a paper clip and then reloaded the copies into the paper tray. Every time (well, the next 20 copies) that they made had a huge paperclip in the background. I finally had to confess when they went to disassemble the copier since they thought there was a paperclip jammed inside somewhere! I also was able to get the lady who sat at the front desk. Our computers lock out after five minutes so I had to move fast! She got up to walk to another building and while she was gone I "print screened" her desktop and turned it into a 100 page power point. When she clicked on her icons nothing happened...not until that 100th click when the slide show ended! So, since I won't be there, April Fools may come early...or late...you just never know with me!
Anyway, back to the conference...as a board member I will also no longer be able to play Bingo on our banquet night. I complain about it but its only because I know winning is not something I can control. It's not a game where you are responsible for scoring your points. Like in basketball, you get the ball you shoot and you score points. The ball is in your hands and you have complete control. Bingo, you are completely at the mercy of the guy calling the numbers that you need. Well, finally in round 10, things started looking up for me. I finally Bingo-ed...along with TWO other people! So to see who wins the main prize when there is a tie, we had to draw from a deck of cards. I drew a lonely two (how ironic) and my consolation prize was a $25 gift card to Wal-Mart...ok, I'll take that. A few rounds later, I yell Bingo again! Yet again, I tie with a guy named Mike. Geeze, can't a girl win by herself?!?! So, we go back to the deck of cards. I pull a King and I don't remember what Mike drew because it didn't matter. The chances of him pulling an Ace was slim to none...that's right boys and girls...I won a new Dirt Devil Vacuum! Moving on along, we get to the grand prize...a new digital camera. This time we had to fill in all our blocks. Then it happened. I BINGO-ED AGAIN...and I bingo-ed with Mike, AGAIN!! What the?? So once again I pranced up to the deck of cards, carefully chose my card, pulled it out, turned it over and...it was an ACE!! Beat that buddy!! I new he couldn't so I gladly accepted the new camera. Which is awesome, by the way!!!
We finally left on Friday morning and headed to Atlanta for another meeting. We were about 30 minutes out of Athens and we were listening to the ATL weather report. It was raining and I thought to myself, I better get my rain jacket out. That's also when I realized that I left it, along with my pea-coat, hanging in the closet at the hotel. Back to the hotel we go and I get my jackets. Duane, you have all the patience in the world, cause if the roles were reversed, I would have been very aggravated. It's not like me to leave or lose things...lot on my mind, I guess.
When we FINALLY got back home, I opened my door to three of my most favorite people in the world. Heath, Brad and Ashley were all at my house! However, to kill time while waiting on me, Brad rearranged things in my house which really bothers me. It doesn't drive me crazy, I'll fix it as I go, but I do like for my things to stay in the spot I put them in. He moved pictures around, Heath actually hid a picture from me that belongs on my table by my bed, but I think what Brad got the biggest kick out of was that I noticed my soap was in the wrong spot in the shower when I was putting my face wash back in. But, none of this bothers me as much as my cabinet doors and drawers being open...which of course he opened all of them. We all get a kick out of my OCD, but now that I think of it, I haven't checked the items inside my cabinet...all the labels should be facing forward! We love to have a good time when we are together! Our latest shenanigan is that the four of us have created our own sign language just to bug my mom and aunt. We really do know what the other is saying due to some key moves, but to the outsider it looks like we are the third base coach giving signals to the base runners.
Saturday, I went to my aunt and uncles to see them, as well as my parents! It was great to see them and I miss you guys SO much!! Dad and Uncle Mike cooked us some ribs down at Uncle Mike's man camp at the creek. I don't know what they like the most...being away from the women or smoking their cigars that they take with them! All in all, it was a great weekend!
Today was totally a typical Monday! I should have stayed late at work, but I didn't. I just didn't feel like it! It will be there tomorrow! I did manage to sneak in time to go to yoga...and just as I predicted, one of the guys next to me feel asleep. They all tried to blame it on me, but I am not a person who snores and there was some definite snoring going on!! The last five minutes we relax and close our eyes...I am not a sleeper, never have been, so I just lay there and relax as much as I can. I usually think about all I could be, and should be, doing during these five minutes but sometimes I do relax. My brain never stops and that is one flaw about myself I wish I could change! I am always thinking about something!
Here are a few random pics I took with my new camera...
My parents and my aunt watching my uncle work
The creek behind my aunt and uncles that we have spent many summers swimming in!
Ashley's part of rearranging my house...I don't care for birds and really don't want them on my night stand!
Bentley being Bentley...and my white leg, which reminds me it is time to start tanning come March!!
No comments:
Post a Comment