Friday, I had the day off due to working last Saturday for a conference. Jason had given me a gift certificate to a local spa so I took advantage of it and booked a facial and a massage! However, before I went to my spa appointment I went downtown to find some cute Easter cookie cutters and cupcake decorations. I love our downtown and we have the cutest kitchen store which usually has everything I need! Unfortunately, I found what I needed at Wal-mart...blah. Anyway, after a that and paying my stinking tag renewal fee, I finally made it to my spa date. It. Was. Wonderful! I had my facial first and those who know me very personally know that I am a huge advocate of good skin. I never had an acne problem in my younger years and I have a pretty good regime of skin care at night. Granted, I do sleep in my make up sometimes, however, I try not to do it too often. And while I thought that I was taking great care of my skin, this so called Skin Scan machine totally ruined my very prejudice opinion of my skin. My face literally scared me! This machine shows all the sun damage that has happened to your facial skin as well as your dehydrated areas (which are around my eye lids) and your oily spots. My sun damage is horrible! If you have never had one done, I strongly encourage you to do so and to take care of your skin!! Those years of being outside SO much really shows and I am only 29! In fact, I encourage you to google "skin scanner" and see what images pop up! It's a UV light (purple-ish) and shows the dark spots (sun damage) very easily and voila, there's your damage!
Later that evening, my mom, dad, brother and soon to be sister-in-law arrived in T-town to start celebrating my birthday! We went out to eat Friday night and had a great time with each other!
Saturday, we had a lazy morning but us girls finally got ourselves ready and went to pick up my birthday cake from the Bread Wagon (yummy! Can't beat a homemade strawberry cake!) and then proceeded to shop downtown and met up with the guys for a late lunch. We then sent them on their way (to go get my lawnmower thanks again!) and we went to tour Pebble Hill Plantation, but not before a quick photo shoot with the elk at Harden's Taxidermy...
| Heath and Elisabeth |
| Me and Elisabeth |
| I love my parent! |
| The best bro! |
After a great afternoon, we finally made it home and I found that my brother had been so sweet and mowed my front yard. We had a great evening just sitting around chatting and having cake and coffee!
Sunday, we went to my church that I have found here and I was very surprised to see that my name had made it into the bulletin for my birthday. I thought daddy was teasing me by telling me it was in there, but he was serious! Afterwards, we came home to a delicious lunch mom had made and while daddy and Heath caught a quick nap we girls chatted it up outside. Sadly, the time came when they had to leave and go back home.
I had a fantastic birthday and can't wait until you all come back and visit me again!
No comments:
Post a Comment