Saturday, April 14, 2012

Yardening...

Yes, Yardening.  The action of working in my yard and garden,  which is what I did this afternoon after a late birthday lunch with my friend and co-worker, Barbara.

Here are a few pictures...
The beginning...

The sad, lonely boxwoods and snapdragons that I inherited...not staying!

Garden is planted!  I had baby plants of bell pepper, rosemary, squash and tomatoes.  My sweet corn, basil, dill, chives, radishes, leeks, scallions, zucchini, watermelon, cucumbers were all seeds...let's just hope it grows!

My patio is finished!  Notice the boxwood planters now have beautiful pink hydrangeas and I also found two Adirondack chairs today.  A man here in town makes them and I have always wanted some!

My whiskey barrel full of lilies, calla lilies, petunias and sweet potato vines.  Lillie's are one of my favorites!  Lillie's, tulips and orchids are my favorite flowers....just a small FYI.

Beautiful!

This is my birthday present from Heath and Elisabeth.  I have to tell ya, I love this!  I love pulling up in my driveway and seeing this beautiful POP of color in my yard.  Love, love, love!! It got its first dose of Miracle Grow water yesterday.  I can't wait for the colorful stems to be draping down!

These are the ferns that my parents gave me for my birthday!  They came from the "flower lady" in Century.  I miss her so much!  I do believe I went to see her at least once a month when I lived at home. 



I am sure that I will pay for the lifting and bending tomorrow, but sitting in one of my new chairs, I am completely convinced that it was all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment