Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday Mullings

I have a slight interest in Cows.  It's an interest that I usually keep repressed only because no one makes any decent "Cow Decor."  I can refer you back to the mid-90's throw down that I pitched with my mother after she would not buy me a ratty looking cow at some random store on our way home from my aunt and uncle's in South Carolina.  That should give you a solid base for understanding my "interest" and that it has been around for a while.  However, please do not get this confused with the fact that I am still slightly terrified of them in person.

Fast forwarding to this past December when I bought my brother his canvas painting of a cow (I call it a generic "cow" because it is hard to tell the breed when it is a painting) and fell in love with the artist.  I especially love a canvas painting and the lack of a frame around a nice painting.  Sometimes the frame takes away from the painting, in my opinion. 

Now, rewind again to many, many years ago to my great-grandmother's house.  She had a picture/painting of cows that hung over her red vinyl couch.  I remember that so vividly and how much I loved that picture. 

One of the stores downtown is having a Moving Sale (they are moving across the street) and most of their merchandise is currently 75% off.  This is where I purchased my brothers painting and have since been eyeing two particular paintings.  I went in today just to see if they were still in the store...



Say what you want, but I love them!  Now, I just have to find a place to hang them!  One was priced at about $200 and the other at $300...I got both for about $100!  I was one happy chick!

Also, my corn is taking off and so is the rest of my garden!
This is my garden gnome
I still have a few that need to come up...they are slowly breaking ground, but they have some catching up to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment