Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Boy! Was My Face Red!

Especially when I got home this morning at 6:30!  Today was the first day of boot camp and I really enjoyed it!  It was tough and a great workout, but I do believe my face was pretty red from exertion.  Ashley even made it a point to tell me when I got home. 

Let me walk you through the torture chamber, aka the Gym.  At 5:30, I arrived at the gym and met the other seven members of this boot camp.  We started out in individual "stations" and worked our way around the gym.  We had to do each station for one minute.  They are as follows:
  1. Lay on your back with a weight ball in your hands and basically do sit-ups but touch your ankles (alternating)
  2. Bicep curls-this station has two ropes with handles that stretch from the wall.  You stand up, hold on the the handles, and lean back.  Using resistance, you pull your hands to your nose; basically pulling your self back into an upright position.
  3. Push-ups
  4. Lay on your back, again, with a weight ball, again, and keep your legs straight in the air and reach up to your feet with the ball.
  5. Box steps up
  6. Bicep curls with free weights
  7. Quad machine
  8. Squats
  9. Pull ups-lay on the ground and pull up on a weight bar and get your body off the ground
  10. Calf raises
  11. Jumps
  12. Quad extensions
  13. Step Ups
  14. Jumps-this time back and forth over the bench
  15. Lunges-the length of the gym
  16. Bike
  17. Wall Squats
...I think that is all.  After that, we went outside and did some running and skipping. I actually liked the skipping.  It has a way of making you feel like a kid again. After that, it was weigh in and time to go home. Finally.

Once I got home, I realized that my work out was already taking place because it hurt to wash my hair and to put on my make up!  This afternoon, I am feeling fine.  Thankfully!

Overall, I enjoyed it and ready for Thursday.  By the way, for all of you involved in the upcoming wedding, there are 207 days left. Get to steppin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment