Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Lillies...

Lillies, Orchids, and Tulips are my favorite flowers.  Just so you know.

This weekend, my friend Libbie came to visit me.  I am so happy and thankful when my friends from back home come to visit.  Currently, Libbie is the one who holds the record for visiting me the most!  She got here Saturday around lunch and I had already finished all the yard work that needed to be done so I was ready to enjoy her company!  I hope all my guest feel at ease and at home like Libbie does when she is here.  After our late lunch on Saturday, I asked her what she wanted to do.  She responded with "I would like to take a nap."  Great and fine with me!  While she was taking her nap, I crashed on the couch and watched my usual NCIS marathon.  Like I told her, it's her weekend too.  I don't ever want anyone to feel like they have to go and do while they are here.  On a typical weekend, I work in the yard and around the house.  I don't always have to go and do so I don't want my visitors to feel like they have to either.  Only if they want to!

Saturday night, Libbie cooked her Crawfish Etoufee.  She is from Louisiana and any time an opportunity arises for her to cook and for me to watch, I take full advantage of it!  I have called her many a times about my roux...I believe after telling her one description of what my roux was looking like she told me to throw it out and start over!

On Sunday, we ventured over to Farmhouse Daylilly Farm, which is only about 20 minutes from here.  My garden club went last weekend and I was kinda bummed that I didn't get to go, but I knew Libbie would be all over the chance to go look at flowers!  Here are few beauties...






 



There were so many varieties it was hard to only pick one "favorite" out of so many beautiful choices!

After we were through gazing, we headed over to see my aunt since it was her birthday.  Aunty Cathy, I cannot believe that you let me leave without getting a picture of you for this post!! I hope that you had a great birthday!  I love you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment