This past weekend, my family on my mother's side got together to celebrate the high school graduation milestone in the life of my cousin, Caroline. I have loved this child since the day she was born! She and her brother, Ben, are so very close to my heart. I remember keeping them after I just graduated from high school in Birmingham while their parents looked for homes in Spanish Fort. After they moved, I stayed with them a good bit that summer while they were settling in and Greg and Rhonda were working...and if my memory serves me correctly, the following summer too. I'm pretty sure it was then too, because I vividly remember taking Caroline with me to Faulkner to drop a summer class...it was probably a math class!
So where does the time go? Her actual graduation is tonight. The students graduating this year from high school were born in 1995! In 1995, I was 12 years old. A short 17/18 years ago my parents were almost the age Heath and I are now. Heath will be 32 this year and my parents were 34. Gets a little more scary when it's delivered that way, isn't it? Notice that I didn't use my age as an example!
This little girl...
| ...who came to see me in my Sr Homecoming Court... |
| ...who I use to play dress up with and just play with at Maw Maw's... |
![]() |
| ...is graduating tonight from High School!! |
Boot camp Update.
This morning we started with a lovely 2 mile run...followed by ab workouts...followed by sprints. I am pretty tired from this morning...also, I now have this lovely article of clothing in my wardrobe...
Apparently, my joint is pretty pissed at me today...a little inflammation and a little prescribed medicine to knock it out...I'll be good as new in a few days!
While looking through my pictures this afternoon, I found this one of our trailer from our farm in Alabama. This should help you better visualize the tree that I spoke about my mother drawing in my Mother's Day post.
One day I will have to locate all my pictures from Dutch Bend and blog about it. It is the best place on Earth. Most kids have Disney, Heath and I had Dutch Bend.
And finally, I leave you with some more graduation party pictures and probably one of the best pictures my dad and I have ever taken...I loved it so I had to include it!
![]() |
| Maw Maw and Caroline |
![]() |
| The Grad and her parents |
![]() |
| I love you daddy! |




No comments:
Post a Comment