My Mother. Where do I begin. I love this woman more than anything! As the years have gone by, she has played many roles in my life. They are as follows:
1) Mom (duh!)
2) Guider
3) Spelling word drill Sargent (still is)
4) Teacher
5) Role model
6) Leader
7) Guidance counselor
8) Giver of my attitude :)
9) Decorator
10) My best friend
....there are MANY more, but thought I'd do an even 10 points...
I decided to surprise my mother this past weekend for Mothers Day. I talked to my dad Friday morning and by lunch I had decided to go home. I succeeded in surprising her. I decided to let Bentley run in the house first and I could hear her scream. She thought she was seeing things! I'm so glad that I went home. After loosing PawPaw, it made me really realize how precious the days are that we have with our loved ones. Take every chance you can to spend it with them.
One of my most vivid memories of my mother and I takes place in Dutch Bend, which where most of my memories were created. My mother is actually a good artist and I remember her sitting out in the front yard (more like a pasture!) and drawing our trailer along with the beautiful, majestic oak tree with a picturesque deck surrounding it. I remember asking her how she drew so well and she responded with "I just draw what I see." Pretty simple.
She loves Brighton so we picked her up some of their sunglasses for her MD gift...I think she liked them!
I think we all had a great time this past weekend. On Saturday night, mom and I cooked some seafood and the newly engaged couple ate with us.
Bentley also enjoyed his trip home
He was able to catch up on some Zzzz...


No comments:
Post a Comment