Saturday, January 29, 2011

AHHHHHHHH......

Yup...AHHHHHH......YEAHHHHH......WHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


That's all I heard for the three hours that Ashley and I were at the George Straight/Reba concert Thursday night. But first, let me set the scene for you...We got to our seats about 7:45 but the concert started at 7:00. We purposely missed LeAnn Womack (remember this for later on). So when we got there, they were setting up Reba's stage so it was perfect timing. After we walked what seemed like a mile and a half (note to self: my boots definitely were NOT made for walking!) we settled into our seats and I of course began to get familiar with my surrounds as I always do...you know, just in case something happens. Two older couples were next to me and I had the privilege of sitting next to the old man of the group. I was just hoping that he wasn't a Chatty McCathy...that's all I was concerned about because sometimes, unbeknown to me, I wear a sign that says "hey, let's chat!" There was a young group of couples next to Ashley, but the real winners were behind us. No, let me narrow that down some more...the MOST ANNOYING GIRL IN THE WORLD was behind me. First off, she had bad posture because she wouldn't sit back in her seat. Nope, she was right in my ear. Secondly, someone needed to tell her boyfriend that cowboy hats are not for everyone. Just because you put one on, does not make you a hot cowboy that everyone wants to see in Wranglers...while some Wrangler butts can drive you nuts, others can actually churn your guts. Granted, some can pull the outfit together but 9 times out of 10, they can't. This would be one of the reasons I never cared for the average cowboy. Well, moving on along, Reba finally makes her way to the stage and a few minutes later is when my aggrivation level was starting to rise. This girl began her screaming after every little thing that happened. For example, Reba said "It's great to be here in Tallahassee tonight" AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! came out of this girls mouth. "the first song I'm gonna sing is.."AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! "Let me introduce my band..." AHHHHH!!!!!! I mean this type of annoyance should not be tolerated. I could feel Ash just looking at me to make sure I wasn't about to blow. I held it together.



Finally, I had enough of this ridiculous behavior. Now, I know it was a concert and people are going to hoop, yell, holler, scream...but believe me when I say, this was over the top. I looked at Ashley and asked her if she'd post my bail if anything should happen. Before I knew it, I had come around with my right hook and decked her right in the source of the noise. She went down, hit the other side of her face on the lady's knee that was sitting next to her and ended up face down in a puddle of spilt beer. I then told her boyfriend that he needed to get a tighter grip on his woman....well, this is how I had it played out in my head. I didn't do anything but give her an ugly look. I've never hit anyone in my life and I wasn't about to start then! But she was pretty annoying and it took a while for my hearing to come back in my right ear.



Now, back to the old man. He and his group where there for LeAnn Womack but I guess that within the hour that she had been off stage that he forgot what she looked like. She came back on stage to sing a duet with Reba and all of the sudden he grabs and shakes my arm and asks me "Who is that!?!" and before I know it, the words "Sir, you just sat here and heard her sing for 45 mins. That's LeAnn." were rolling off my tongue. He just sat there for a second and then said "oh yea, that is her isn't it?" "Yes, sir, it is." Now, I know that the girl was getting on their nerves too because they were downing drinks like there was no tomorrow!



I must give props to Reba. I love her old songs and don't care for any of her new ones except for "I Keep On Loving You." The lyrics are true. "Love takes the patience of Job...Faith is the belief in something more that you know, that's what the good book says. You gotta play the cards you got. Who knows what fate is holding. At times you gotta go without knowing where you're going...Sometimes I swear it might be easier to throw in the towel someday we're gonna look back say look at us now...Through the I take it backs...I didn't mean it like that, I'd never hurt yous...Oh, I keep on lovin' you" ...anyway, that's my mushy-ness for the night.



We didn't make it all the way through George. We were both getting tired and I could no longer hear out of my right ear. We excused ourselves down the row to the end and started the trek back the truck. I won't quote lyrics from George because I love all his songs. From "She Lays it All on the Line" to "How Bout Them Cowgirls." Although there is one line in "How Bout Them Cowgirls" could be my mantra: "don't know how to hide her stubborn will or her fightin' side but you treat her right and she'll love you like no one else." I know I can be stubborn. I don't fight but I won't let you run over me either, but no matter what, I'll be the best friend you could ever ask for and always love you unconditionally regardless of the crap we may go through, because that's what love is. Saying you love someone is the easy part, it's showing them that you do is what's tough. We don't say the word "love" much in my family because its just understood that we all love each other. So when we say it, you better believe that we mean it. Hmm...guess you got two doses of mushy-ness from me tonight!

Here are a few pics from the concert:

PS: Don't be alarmed at my plot to hurt that girl...I would never really do that and I never could intentionally hurt someone. I just have a very good imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment