I really enjoyed my time at home this Christmas. I didn't really do anything and it was awesome! I was home for almost two weeks and while I was there I was able to spend time with my family, which is one of the most important things to me. Without them, I have no idea where I would be today! I left T-ville on the Tuesday before Christmas. I went straight to Pensacola to see my old co-workers and to do a few errands for mom. It was really nice to see my old co-workers and their new building. They were having their annual Christmas luncheon and I do believe the funniest part of the day was when a guy I use to work with came up to me and asked me what I brought. I just looked at him and said "I don't work here anymore." He said "yeah, I know, but you always brought the best stuff...just hoping you still brought something!" After staying a few hours, I decided I better head home. Unfortunately, mom was sick and stayed sick till a few days before New Years. We did manage to make a trip into Pensacola after Christmas, which is where I found two more of my Waterford 12 Days of Christmas flutes! YAY!! Now, I only need days 1, 7 & 8 and I will have them all!! I have a feeling day 1 will be really hard to find!
I spent a few days doing little of nothing....just visiting and catching up with friends or taking care of mom. I hung out with daddy and Heath a few days at the barn, but all in all I had a very relaxing and enjoyable time not having to be anywhere...no meetings, no emails, no phone calls...it was nice.
One night me and my cousin, Brad (I have two cousins named Brad-it can get confusing), met up with Nick and Crystal, his fiance, in Bay Minette for supper. It was good to see Nick, I haven't seen him in years and only met Crystal once before. I'm sure their wedding in April will be fun! Looking forward to it!
Me and dad out looking at the irrigation system they were getting ready to move
Heath and dad doing something...not sure what
That's some sweet asses, ain't it?
Ben, me, Caroline and Heath at Greggie Poo's Birthday (Minuets before I was knocking on death's door)
My aunt Ronda, Uncle Greg, Ben and Caroline
Now for a quick goodbye to 2010...
Dear 2010,
I WILL NOT MISS YOU. This past year has not been the best of years. You continually took people out of my family. You took an aunt, her son, and my grandfather. In April you tried to take Ashley. While you did take her's and Joseph's baby, I don't know what I would have done if you would have succeeded with actually taking my Ashley Paige. Dear Lord, I know you take us when you are ready, but I am so thankful you weren't quite ready for Ashley. Also, 2010, you marked two 5 year anniversaries for me. On August 31st, you marked the 5 year anniversary of my dad's heart attack. That is something I would really prefer not to have to go through again. Then on September 9th, you marked the 5 year anniversary of the death of my best friend from age 3, Ricky. Dying at age 23 is sad on it's own, but loosing someone that was a great friend for 20 years is worse. HOWEVER, you weren't 100% awful to me. I did meet PKD and his family in 2010 and for that I am truly thankful.
2011...be good to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment