This week I began research for my 10 year reunion. A slow start, but a start nonetheless! Thank goodness for social media is all I can say! I graduated with 93 people in my class and about 60 of them are on Facebook...makes it a whole lot easier to plan when you can create a "group" and then message the whole group!
One one hand, life flies by and before you know it you are grown, married, have a family and a steady career path. On the other hand, life as we know it is the longest "activity" that we will ever do here on Earth. There is absolutely nothing you can do that takes longer than living. When you think about it in those terms, the ho-hum of the day to day mumbo jumbo is just that...MUMBO JUMBO! We can't let little things get us down and keep us down. We all have good days and bad. We take for granted those that are close to us and never think that any extra efforts to call or visit would make any difference. Well, they do! I know I am horrible about calling my parents. They know it and I know it. I can easily go a week without calling, but when that week is closing in, my mom or dad is on the other end of my phone that's ringing! I've always been that way though...a little too independent at an early age in my mom's opinion but not soon enough for my dad. I even asked my dad once why he never called to check on me while I'm on the road. His response was 'If I have to worry about you and every little thing you do, I didn't raise you right.' Guess he has a point...
So, think about it. Flash back to those first 18 years of your life. At the time they seemed so drawn out and things were never going to change. High school graduation couldn't come soon enough and neither could moving out. I remember telling my parents over and over how I was leaving home the day I graduated and I meant it! Obviously, that didn't happen...thanks fall freshman class of 2001 for being the biggest enrolling class at Auburn at that time...nothing like being wait-listed!
What takes us from being four years old without a care in the world because our parents could, and would, fix anything...
To being a senior in high school and having to make decisions about "what you want to be." Because all that really mattered to me during those years between 9th and 12th grade was socializing, hanging out with friends, goofing off and the following...
Going to prom and hanging out with your best friends...and your date too, I guess...Oh the things that you wish you could change...well, mainly my Sr year! LOL!
Doing well in photography, having your photo displayed and receiving the MIRA Award two years in a row...In my opinion, I didn't think my photos were that great...but I'll take an award!!
Being elected Sr. Class President...and ten years later thinking "Why did you do that?"
Sr. play "Lil Abner" and yest that's me, back row center with my blacked out tooth!!
Being chosen as Homecoming Maid my freshman year and on the court my senior year..
And finally making it to graduation...thanks geometry for kicking my tail and causing me to be the only one in the top 20 of my class without a the gold Beta Club sash...at least I still had my honor cords and metals!
No comments:
Post a Comment