Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Spring Gardening

Tonight, I joined a garden club here in Thomasville.  I got in through a co-worker and it consists of a group of about 15 people.  Most of which were there tonight.  It moves monthly from house to house and you have supper and/or appetizers and a small lecture about gardening.  Tonight we learned about seeds and how to correctly read the back panel of the seed packet.  I am really glad I joined because I really miss my yard and all  my plants I had back home, so now I have BIG plans for my little bitty balcony this spring!  Tonight, we also swapped seeds, if you had them, and answering questions correctly also got you a seed packet!  I answered one question correctly and received a packet of Basil and with the seed swap I snagged a Texas Star Hibiscus as well as Confederate Roses!
Whoo hoo!
...this might also just be an opprotunity to socialize with older southern women...of course, I like this reason also!!

No comments:

Post a Comment