Sunday, January 15, 2012

Team Lean Thursday

....Three days later!  Sorry for the delay, I had a computer problem with my new laptop and I had to get a new one yesterday! 


This past Thursday kicked off the 10 week challenge of Team Lean. When I have something that needs to stay in the forefront of my mind, I usually end up writing it on my bathroom mirror (a dry erase or wet erase marker can easily be cleaned off your mirror, in case you didn't know!) so that I see it everyday and it stays on my mind.  Being the visual person that I am, I have to see the beginning and the end of this venture so this is what I had to do...
Of course, now it is marked off to '67' days left.  I also broke it out into weeks...don't know if you can see that or not on the right end.  It is very hard to take a picture of a mirror!
I am also going to share a little recipe with you today that is pretty low-cal, in my opinion, of course take it at your own risk...I am not a nutritionist!  I don't have a name for it...

  • Take one slice of a 100 cal multi grain English muffin and toast it.
  • In a small pan, crumble up one slice of bacon (turkey bacon would be best for keeping this healthy) It is your choice on cooking it in the pan or pre-cook in in the microwave and then just let it heat up in the pan.  Which ever you choose, get the access grease off especially if using regular bacon.
  • Add about a tablespoon of spinach to the pan and let it and the bacon cook for about 1-2 minutes.
  • Add 1/4 cup of egg substitute to the pan and begin to scramble.
  • Add in a pinch of shredded cheese
  • Place scramble on English muffin slice
Viola! I don't now the total cal, you can figure it up if you like, but this is filling and since it is a bad idea to eat eggs everyday, egg substitute is a great way to compensate!  By the way, if you can follow my recipe, kudos to you...I get my recipe telling from my grandmothers...just add a little, a pinch, when it looks like, just eye it...all phrases they use, so now I am using it on you, but this is what it should look like:

spinach and bacon

Final product!  Keep in mind that the bread is only 50 cals since you are only using one slice.
Since my 2nd part of my Christmas present came in from Ashley, I will have to add it to my recipe box!

Sorry, you will just have to turn your head to see it right side up!  Bonus, it has my initials...I do love my initials! Its a Lilly Pulitzer recipe box  with a place to hold the card on the lid!

However, I can't let go of my copper box that was my great grandmothers!  I may just find another use for this box since it doesn't have any index cards or anything like that...I am sure I can figure something out!

So for those of you playing along at home...I hope that Thursday brings you a few pounds lost.  If it doesn't, find a jar and add your gained poundage money to it!

 Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment